Sat (1 Viewer)

bilal

hey.. ne1 know how i go about doing the SATs.. not the STAT..
like the SAT, Scholastic Aptitude Test, SAT, administered by Educational Testing Service,
Princeton, NJ.

cuz thats a good tester, see where u stand n shit. thats what ive heard.. besides. its more recognised that STAT apparently. for the statez specially. they dont take u, for ure hsc mark, they take ure SAT mark?!?!?!?!?!??!
cant find ne centres?!?!?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
heh - SATs eh?

do you want to go to an American college?

bit late now if you want to get in this semester...

I have info about that... the best way to find out information about it is to see your school careers counsellor.

If this fails, do what I did and take a train to the MLC centre in the city, to the US Embassy (ring them up first and make an appointment) - they have a library there where you can research global universities and colleges which recognise the SATs to your heart's content, as well as books which you can buy with sample SAT tests, etc.

Tests are held a number of times per year..i think there's a session coming up to register for.

Weisy

bilal

hey... thanx dude..
no.. umm.. well.. i had to differ this year... (personal problems)
so iz ok.. i got one whole year
though the american semester starts in september....
also.. its not easy getting admission...
besides... scholarships to all the good universities are practically impossible now..
like i have to good at my SATs... they dont consider, ure hsc, do they???
what about the brits??
two people in my family, studied in an iv league.. so i dunno.. hehehe. thats what i wanna do!!

but monash in melbourne.. thats big, in europe n shit.. so i dunno. thats an option too...

dissonance

er, well different American uni's place different amounts of emphasis on the SATs. The HSC would be taken into account although they may not really understand what it means...a lot of them like to somehow have proof that your hardworking (ie. look at all your reports years 9-12) and contribute to society or have a wide range of interests and talents (ie. you have to write essays and give them recommndations etc.). Basically, depending on the uni no one thing gets you in, and I'd hope SATs would count less for international students.

If you take HSC maths you shouldn't have a problem with the maths aspect of it although were not really taught what's tested in the Verbal sections like analogies etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)