Scaling and School Rank (1 Viewer)

xXnukerrrXx

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, if you do really well in a low ranking school is it possible to achieve a high atar?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
School rank means nothing. It fluctuates year to year and it is calculated after all the HSC results are made.

Dylanamali

HSC
of course.. I go to a ranked 280+ school, its not super poor, but its not good..
I just aimed to come 1st in every subject I do, because if you come 1st you don't get affected by negative scaling. :)
At the moment I'm doing just that - well 1st in 3 subjects, 2nd and 3rd in the other two.
As long as you rank highly and perform very well in the externals you can achieve whatever you want!

enoilgam

HSC
Just wondering, if you do really well in a low ranking school is it possible to achieve a high atar?
Its possible to achieve any ATAR no matter where you go. Potentially, a person who goes to a school ranked last in the state could get 99.95.

Last edited:

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
of course.. I go to a ranked 280+ school, its not super poor, but its not good..
I like how people talk about schools being in the 200's as bad. Oh, how I would dream to be in a school in the 200's. 620's - that's right, form a line people everyone wants to go here.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I like how people talk about schools being in the 200's as bad. Oh, how I would dream to be in a school in the 200's. 620's - that's right, form a line people everyone wants to go here.
Conga line to the rape dungeon.

Aykay

HSC
Uni Grad
I just aimed to come 1st in every subject I do, because if you come 1st you don't get affected by negative scaling. :)
At the moment I'm doing just that - well 1st in 3 subjects, 2nd and 3rd in the other two.
As long as you rank highly and perform very well in the externals you can achieve whatever you want!
It's kind of the opposite for me - I'm relying on my cohort to scale me up a bit.

itszen

HSC
how do you know your school's rank thats in the 620's? I thought they only showed the top 200 schools. Is there a high school rank paper that shows all the schools rank? If so can somebody link me to it?

starryblue

HSC
i heard that if ur classmates to really well then they pull ur mark up but if they do bad then u'll get dragged down :L

Carl5

HSC
My school is ranked 584 and has had high ATAR/UAIs before. There was one person in particular that got 98 to 99 one year.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The ranking of a school from the past is only a guide to how you will go because the ranks will be redone this year based on your cohort's results. Although the top schools don't move around a lot those lower down can move quite a lot from one year to the next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)