Scaling of text (1 Viewer)

A-Nonentity

HSC
No slut.
The texts scale against each other and the difficulty of doing that text with the question, aligning never uses outside factors such as how people went in paper 1. What you said was kind of stupid.
That's a bit harsh! they are right to some extent in that EVERYTHING get's aligned to Paper one as it is the only Paper everyone does ( except for ESL) but They probably will be alligned yes, the markers will notice the discrepancies and they will be aligned accordingly I am sure.

unknown88

HSC
N/A
l did my related text, "Sorry speech" by Kevin Rudd. BOOM fitted to place like a BOSS.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
No slut.
The texts scale against each other and the difficulty of doing that text with the question, aligning never uses outside factors such as how people went in paper 1. What you said was kind of stupid.
Well sorry. I only thought that because i read in a thread here that they aligned paper 2 sections based of comparing the AoS results...

Its really not all that stupid when the calculation of ATAR by UAC involves something similiar.

Oh and proof it was something i read: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=267430&p=5519358&viewfull=1#post5519358

Last edited:

13abie

HSC
you will never get scaled/aligned based on texts that's why they make the questions generic. Same case with paper 2 hence they have individual questions for each prescribed text.
its not the same case as paper 2. Paper 2 gets aligned/moderated. Just look at 2002 where they asked you to refer to a specific speech. The people doing cloudstreet didnt have to deal with that, so obviously they did better, because a lot of top students just hadnt done that speech and so they failed,.

catalyst91

HSC
Crucible would have to have positive option scaling, right? :/
I still can't gather whether they are scaled or not (conflict within this thread has not been resolved on that issue p.s. lolololconflict) but I'd say that IF they were to be scaled then the texts that had minimal place belonging (such as Crucible) would be positive.
Just my opinion though, no facts behind my argument.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
To everyone that texts don't have aligning: you aren't right in a sense but wrong in another because it is called optional scaling and it exists for all prescribed texts and all options in courses where there are option topics, such as, Buddhism and Christianity in SoR, and industrial and forensic in chemistry, etc.
To all those that say that they are aligned according to AoS: you are pretty wrong. AoS scales against full exams. And exams' raw marks are scaled not the aligned ones. The aligned marks are worked out by markers of the test according to the Board's band descriptors.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Well sorry. I only thought that because i read in a thread here that they aligned paper 2 sections based of comparing the AoS results...

Its really not all that stupid when the calculation of ATAR by UAC involves something similiar.

Oh and proof it was something i read: http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=267430&p=5519358&viewfull=1#post5519358
you misread what was said in that thread. He meant it depends as in there's another whole 60% to be added to that.
Also, it's pretty stupid if you read the BoS site as it says they work out aligning due to band descriptors and such and that the UAC (which is a completely different thing) scales the tests (as whole examinations) against AoS.
Btw, optional scaling is done compared to how people go in the common part of the test compared to the end part.
Hence, they scale options in chemistry on how well the cohort of those options go in the common part, but I'm pretty sure the aligning procedure works for the different texts in English. So ignore where I say it's called "optional scaling" in the above post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)