Scaling (1 Viewer)

Diya Jain

HSC
I have heard drama scales low ?

also as band cut off differ foreach subject such as 86 could still be a band 6
Does scaling affect ur band ? I tried the matrix atar calculator and I put in 88% for drama and it shows a scale mark of 34 does that mean I wouod get a band 4 ? Or band 5 as it is 88%

I’m really confused like what is the scaled mark is referring to

Attachments

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The marks you enter into an ATAR calculator are essentially your HSC Marks (your final marks) for your respective subjects. If you put 88 into the ATAR calculator then your ATAR will be calculated based on the assumption that you received 88 as your final mark in Drama.

For a band 6 in Drama, the most recent data (2016) indicates that you need to achieve a low band 5 as your raw mark (approximately 82) in order to maximise your chances of receiving a band 6 as your Examination Mark, which constitutes 50% of your final mark for drama.

I hope this helps! 😄

Diya Jain

HSC
The marks you enter into an ATAR calculator are essentially your HSC Marks (your final marks) for your respective subjects. If you put 88 into the ATAR calculator then your ATAR will be calculated based on the assumption that you received 88 as your final mark in Drama.

For a band 6 in Drama, the most recent data (2016) indicates that you need to achieve a low band 5 as your raw mark (approximately 82) in order to maximise your chances of receiving a band 6 as your Examination Mark, which constitutes 50% of your final mark for drama.

I hope this helps! 😄
Yes this helps thank you
I’m just confused about the scaled marks when it says 34 or 41 as in the atar calculator

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad

I hope this helps! 😄
The data's ancient for drama lol.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@Diya Jain I believe the "scaled 34" refers to the scaled mean. Your scaled mark in a course will be influenced by your position in the course and the scaled mean for that course.

quickoats

HSC
Yes this helps thank you
I’m just confused about the scaled marks when it says 34 or 41 as in the atar calculator
It’s not a number you should really worry about. Behind the scenes, NESA gives you a total out of 500 then they assign the ATARs from there. 400 total does not mean you’ll get an 80 ATAR, it’s more like 95+ - there’s some more calculations behind there that you don’t need to worry about.

Diya Jain

HSC
It’s not a number you should really worry about. Behind the scenes, NESA gives you a total out of 500 then they assign the ATARs from there. 400 total does not mean you’ll get an 80 ATAR, it’s more like 95+ - there’s some more calculations behind there that you don’t need to worry about.
Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)