Schapelle Corby (1 Viewer)

RhiG

heya, does anyone know anything more bout the Corby case? i'm really interested...does anyone have any views on what the verdict is going to be? when are they passing judgement btw?

HSC
I wonder what the public and political reaction would be if she was sentenced to death...

Danoz The Great

HSC
I don't think it's really progressed anywhere, they're just looking at evidence still.

Danoz The Great

HSC
It's their custom. They are of a different culture to Australia and they feel that you should be put to death if you carry drugs. I'm not saying I support it, but you have to see where they are coming from.

Jaydels

HSC
i know....

but not everyone who comes here follows our customs/culture, but when aussies go overseas they are forced to follow their's or suffer sever consequences
it just seems unfair

dave_119

Banned
HSC
it just seems unfair... bullshit... tis there customs, they aint as multi-cultural asaus, and are more stircter than aus.... you cant go changing some countries customs... its ridiculos, if she's guilty, she should die, if that is what the indonesians beleive.... end of story..

i beielve she will get let off, aus will go into a seperate room exchange some money to the government and she will be freed... that also happens in these countries, corruption

RhiG

ok...isn't there something about her being deported to Australia instead of dying if found guilty?

spell check

HSC
the prosecution were supposed to start sentencing submissions today i think but they adjourned for a while

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
dani_danoz said:
It's their custom. They are of a different culture to Australia and they feel that you should be put to death if you carry drugs. I'm not saying I support it, but you have to see where they are coming from.
A difference in culture dose not necessarily mean that neither culture is correct in moral terms

(unless you abide by social relativism, which is not only quite laughable, but quite dangerous)

K

katie_tully

its their culture and their laws.
if you want to go overseas, obey them. be a smart traveller. it may seem wrong to us, but we still had the death penalty until 40 years ago.

if you dont like their laws or customs, it's as easy as NOT GOING THERE. an even smarter idea would be to NOT break their laws ... but thats just crazy talk

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
katie_tully said:
its their culture and their laws.
if you want to go overseas, obey them. be a smart traveller. it may seem wrong to us, but we still had the death penalty until 40 years ago.

if you dont like their laws or customs, it's as easy as NOT GOING THERE. an even smarter idea would be to NOT break their laws ... but thats just crazy talk
yeh. has anyone thought of the native indonesians rotting away in those jails. they don't have governments scurrying around trying to secure their release, and I'm willing to bet a heap of them are in the same predicament as her.

Danoz The Great

HSC
It's not that easy. For one to be extradited (so they cannot be sentenced), the alleged offence must have a similar/same punishment in the asking country. So it's not like we can extradite people here to save them from the death penalty.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I can't wait for the Defence to start, they'll rip shit up with the baggage handlers breaking into that business man's bag and stealing his moose head :p

Scanorama

HSC
In a way I think the Indonesia might go easy on Corby even she is found guilty. Think about how much aids Australia spends on Indonesia every year, for example the tsunami and the more recent earthquakes. If they do execute Corby, Im sure the relationship between the two countries will be get worse and worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)