Scholarships - Post Grad (1 Viewer)

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Hello ppl,

Just wondering...does anyone know where I can find info about post grad Scholarships...? I found the application form but it doesn't really say much... Also, has anyone out there ever obtained one? Was it easy...? Also, is there any other type of Scholarship other than an Equity honours Scholarship??? And yeah, can't think of anymore questions lol...

Thanks,
xoxo

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
It seems to depend on what type of postgrad degree you're doing, coursework or research. http://www.usyd.edu.au/scholarships/current/postgrad.shtml says:

"The University of Sydney does not currently offer any scholarships for students studying postgraduate coursework degrees."

AND

There are many scholarship opportunities open to students studying postgraduate research degrees. If you are a postgraduate research student, you should contact The Research Office

There are also a few scholarships that may apply to you under the Current Scholarship listings, found here.

I_F

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
My Boyfriend got offered one by the Ag faculty, but he didn't get one from the Science and Technology colleges general application, but they told him in his rejection letter that he was ranked 30 out of 77 applicants. (He didn't expect to get one, apparently they are as rare as hens teeth. )

He Applied in Oct / November last year for the scholarship to start this year in March. Its a stipend of $20,000 per annum, paid weekly, and is supposed to cover his living expenses. He has to now get corporate funding to fund his equipment and research (trips to the field, lab space etc).

Oh, and He had a high WAM, like all HD's and D's (in the 80's) in his final 2 years at uni, and got a HD for his honours thesis, and first class honours in his degree overall, to give you and idea of the marks etc.

I guess if the above links dont help, just contact the relevant faculty directly, they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Thanks ppl, it is confusing...but yeah I think Ima go ask someone later...or email, cause I'm looking for one that is more based on merit and yeah...seems like alot of the one's I've read are to do with equity etc.

^ wow that's an awsome Scholarship ur bf got =o)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)