School captain tip needed!! (1 Viewer)

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A
Hello

I am in the process of running for school captain, does anyone have any strong tips to make me stand out from the rest of the candidates?

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Hello

I am in the process of running for school captain, does anyone have any strong tips to make me stand out from the rest of the candidates?
I'm just curious how they haven't selected a captain / prefect team well into the first term of Year 12, most schools do it after prelims or something.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Hello

I'm assuming you'd have to give a speech? your speech has to be different from everyone else's

the girl who become school captain in my grade was outwardly a very quiet person and somewhat invisible, you would expect someone more popular or present to gain all the votes but her speech was wow amazing seriously. if people didn't know her before then they definitely would know her + remember her after she gave her speech. it was quite the shock because she showed a side of her that barely anyone saw, so much humour and personality, so much wholesome literally everyone was awww'ing and giggling the whole time, no false promises but definitely some good promises made and they weren't overdone, emphasis of her speech was showing who she was rather than what she'd do for the school which is the route most other candidates take, so she hella stood out

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
Hello

Emulate what happened during the Nazi consolidation of power section of the Modern course... Benchmark power acquirement right there

Jordi El Nino Polla

HSC
Post banners all over your school and give out free chocolate in the mornings to people at the front gate (if you're allowed that is). Also make your speech actually stand out amongst candidates, avoid the cliché stuff.

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A
I'm assuming you'd have to give a speech? your speech has to be different from everyone else's

the girl who become school captain in my grade was outwardly a very quiet person and somewhat invisible, you would expect someone more popular or present to gain all the votes but her speech was wow amazing seriously. if people didn't know her before then they definitely would know her + remember her after she gave her speech. it was quite the shock because she showed a side of her that barely anyone saw, so much humour and personality, so much wholesome literally everyone was awww'ing and giggling the whole time, no false promises but definitely some good promises made and they weren't overdone, emphasis of her speech was showing who she was rather than what she'd do for the school which is the route most other candidates take, so she hella stood out
Thank you so much!! I will definitely keep those in mind

Jordi El Nino Polla

HSC
In other words abuse of authority hmm doesnt sound too bad

lmaooo dont do thatt
I've actually seen that happen where one person talked shit about the other candidates on stage and saying stuff like "I keep don't keep false promises like these guys" and "these guys are doing it for the resume, I'm not" etc.

That guy ended up winning lmao. (Still don't do it idk what your school environment is like)

XXXPUMPERXXX

HSC
Uni Grad
I've actually seen that happen where one person talked shit about the other candidates on stage and saying stuff like "I keep don't keep false promises like these guys" and "these guys are doing it for the resume, I'm not" etc.

That guy ended up winning lmao. (Still don't do it idk what your school environment is like)
Yeah something like that happened in our school too. He ended up winning but he wasn't any different lol

Jordi El Nino Polla

HSC
Yeah something like that happened in our school too. He ended up winning but he wasn't any different lol
We had like all the candidates doing that to each other, swearing was allowed too.

Every year the captain's speech was a shitshow for us and was something to look forward to

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
Step 1: Gaslight your opponents.
Step 2: Call your male opponents misogynistic, and homophobic (they will get cancelled)
Step 3: Give a speech about destroying patriarchy
Step 4: Become school captain and destroy patriarchy
you're such a sook

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A

Yeah 100%, I would definitely do that if my friends weren't running though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)