School Ranking Dropped (1 Viewer)

rennieso

HSC
Hi,
I'm currently studying Eng. Adv course in school, just got my first set of HSC assessments back from last term, and I was very shocked at my results. We studied Emily Dickinson's poems as part of the Area of Study in belonging, and also had a creative writing task. I got 8/15 and 7/15 respectively, making a 15/30 overall mark, which also weights 30%, hence I already lost 15% of my HSC syllabus weighting.
My rank is 149/172 now.

The reason why I'm shocked is because from Yr11, I managed to rank 93/203 after the half yearlies, and then moved into the 23rd rank after the yearlies. I feel like just when I need to do well and keep up my scores for HSC, it drops like a waterfall.
Now, since I've done so poorly in this assessment which was worth quite a lot. I'm worried that I won't be able to redeem myself back onto a rank that is above average.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
Although this doesnt sound as bad as you position, in chemistry for year 11 i topped every assessment by at least 10% getting 90+ every time. And then of course the first assessment task in year 12 i get 83% and come 6th, and the weighting is 25% :(

I think we just gotta work hard to get where we want to be. Although its easier to lead from the front, we have a lot more motivation than the leader as we can see ourselves moving up the ranks and that is a good feeling. I finished year 10 coming 17th in the year for english. Now I am 1st in advanced and 2nd in extension 1, and its a great feeling.

Runningup

HSC
N/A
Dont worry about your marks its only ranks that matter and hsc exam marks, your class mark is moderated just rank well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)