School uniform t-shirt sleeves folded up? (1 Viewer)

ZeeZee3

HSC
Ive seen many students who fold their school shirt sleeve up exposing much of their upper arm (between shoulder and elbow). Why do some students do it? Does it mean something? Is it because that it makes their arms more comfortable? Ive been curious about this for 3 years, none of my friends can explain it clearly.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Makes you feel cooler during a hot day, well thats why i do it.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Trying to show their arms (which may or may not be built), or just acting like rebels.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ive seen many students who fold their school shirt sleeve up exposing much of their upper arm (between shoulder and elbow). Why do some students do it? Does it mean something? Is it because that it makes their arms more comfortable? Ive been curious about this for 3 years, none of my friends can explain it clearly.
Up to elbows is because they want to keep cool on hot days.

Any further is just to show off their muscles.

Cl324

HSC
N/A
It looks so much cleaner and more polished
Everyone that isnt a yr 7 or a total nerd rolls up their sleeve at my school

ZeeZee3

HSC
Well, even girls do it, i dont think they are trying to show off their arms. And i certainly dont see the difference with a school shirt put on normally and one that is put on with a slight difference in short sleeve length.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
when our school introduced a new sports uniform the shirt sleeves were too long so the girls rolled them up
then the teachers noticed it happening and punished people as if their shirts were untucked
because rolling up the sleeves is 'altering the school uniform'

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Because it's less hot, and it's more comfortable.

...I really am losing faith for humanity.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
That's a bit overly strict imo.

Unless it's guys rolling it up all the way to the shoulder in an obvious attempt to show off.
lol yeah i know
it was mostly the older, bitcher, stricter teachers (surely you know the type?) who were against it initially
and then they got our principal to make an official rule against it

also arcorn/carrotsticks someone change your avatar lol cmon

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
At my school most of us just roll our sleeves up because it looks better. Dunno about for guys, maybe they want to show off their muscles or something :p

kevintang

HSC
My tops are long sleeved so whenever I take off my jumper I immediately roll it up (just above elbows) it's become a habit and looks better imo. The people who are trying to show off their muscles are the ones who buy their shirts 2sizes too small or roll their long/short sleeves more than half way up their arms (they're usually the ones that don't lift or have just started)

BrokenGlass

HSC
2 types of showoffs:
- those who wear smaller sizes to show how ripped they are
- those who purposely buy long sleeve shirts JUST so they can roll them up EVERY DAY. (half the people at my school)

HSC
yeah my school does this as well, although I do admit our sleeves are quite long, rolling them up makes it look way better imo

Fawun

Queen
HSC
Our blouse comes folded up. You can't unfold it because it's stitched together.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
We had short sleeves but people (including myself) rolled them up a bit anyway. It looked better/was more comfortable/gave better arm movement

And then I went to uni and wore whatever I wanted every day

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)