Science teacher with B Med Science? (1 Viewer)

urmum65

HSC
Is it possible to be a biology teacher with a Bachelor of Medical science/Masters of teaching? Or do I only have to do B Science/M Teach to be a teacher? Also, do i have to choose biology as my major or can i choose other things like microbiology, psychology etc ?

drewbles

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, pretty sure you can! :)
You don't even need to do the Masters - a Grad Dip. in Education (https://www.arts.unsw.edu.au/future...sework/degrees/graduate-diploma-in-education/) is enough to be a qualified teacher as far as I know. I'm not even sure if you need the second qualification - I've had a bunch of teachers from very diverse backgrounds, for example, one did a BA and MA, another did a BEngineering.

Just make sure you cover the junior core units for Chem and Bio, because you can't just expect to waltz into a school and teach senior students.

So yes, BMedSc should be enough if you grab a GradDip afterwards! :D

ChillTime

HSC
I think you could. Here's subject content requirement from the NSW institute of teachers.

http://www.nswteachers.nsw.edu.au/DownloadDocument.ashx?DocumentID=493

For your first teaching area, you require:

A major in science (three years of degree level study with at least 4 units at level 2 or above) of four units in biology and two units in one of chemistry or physics.

I got offered an M Teach (Physics / Maths) from just an engineering degree. I think they were generous enough to count certain engineering subjects towards my physics and maths requirements.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hypothetical: You are a small business proprietor who supplies restaurants with fish and produce. One shipment of lobsters comes in unusual packaging—usually sent in cardboard boxes, these lobsters arrived 70-462 vce exam in clear packaging. By purchasing this shipment, you have arguably committed a federal felony. The imported lobsters originated in a country that bans the shipping of lobsters in clear plastic bags, and the U.S. Lacey Act makes criminal an importer who violates “any foreign law”—regardless of whether you knew of the foreign regulations.
Da faq?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)