Screw you, Seamus! (1 Viewer)

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No more Seamus Heaney! No more bog poems! No more digging!
Screw you, Seamus!

MWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
2 years of English Extension 1 has finally come to an end, and good riddance, I say!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
lol - my thoughts exactly except about Deborah Tannen -

no more crap stereotypes that have no logic!!!!

lol - so yeah screw Tannen...

YAH THE END OF ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!

mugrug

*dances* yay! I don't understand why people do ext 1 unless it's to get to ext 2 =P

Hehe, Heaney has a bog body fetish... he's a kinky irishman.

mathock

HSC
i had a lot of trouble linking heaney to the "impacts on traditional boundaries of time and space" question :-S i mean, yeah i cab talk about the Troubles, but apart from requiem for the croppies (where the british/global invaded) i couldnt find too many good points in the other poems... why couldnt they have asked a question on bogs?? would have been so much easier

HSC
N/A
Damn the stupid question.

Damn heaney

Damn RFTG

Damn the fact that I've finished my chippies and now glitterfairy is hungry again :'( waaah!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
He wants to "dig" his "pen" into a "peat bog" I suspect :p

= Jennifer =

HSC
NO MORE HEANEY THE DAMN IDIOT AND HIS STUPID BOG BODIES AND POTATOES!!! and most importantly NO MORE STUPID BONE PEOPLE AND JOE'S MASTURBATIONS AND KEREWINS ASEXULATILY sorry about the capitals it is a joyous occasion :D.......i failed i know i did

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mathock said:
i had a lot of trouble linking heaney to the "impacts on traditional boundaries of time and space" question
I chose: Digging (scientific impact. spade --> pen), Requiem (British economic impact, Irish get poor, revolt), Punishment (no impact, religous tradition of killing adulteresses still same).

mathock said:
why couldnt they have asked a question on bogs?? would have been so much easier
Because the BoS people are BoStards. Asking stupid questions about boundaries that have nothing to do with bogs.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Err...

Tollund Man: fuck load of time ago somewhere that isn't Ireland.

Requiem: fuck load of time ago anyway

Good enough, there's time.

Tredanse

HSC
= Jennifer = said:
NO MORE HEANEY THE DAMN IDIOT AND HIS STUPID BOG BODIES AND POTATOES!!! and most importantly NO MORE STUPID BONE PEOPLE AND JOE'S MASTURBATIONS AND KEREWINS ASEXULATILY sorry about the capitals it is a joyous occasion :D.......i failed i know i did
Your description makes me want to read The Bone People. ^ ^

Groagy

HSC
I have a vendetta against Seamus Heaney. He shitted so much that in all the assessment tasks, trial and hsc exams I only ever used his poems once, and that was because the question said to use his poems.

SimpaticO

Happy Man
I can't believe that most of you guys don't get Heaney. It is so easy to relate his poems to all of the elements of retreat from the global. You have to consider a lot of his work as holding metaphorical value in order to do this.

To be honest, Heaney was the easiest of all my texts that I used in the exam.

For example, in the poem digging, he realises and resents the fact that he hasn't followed the traditions of his forefathers and is therefore no longer a match for "men like them". However he realises now that he will use his pen to create his own meaning and carry on the legacy of his family. Due to his upbringing in the "modern" world and his superior education, he realises that he can use the tools that he has acquired during life in such a new world to keep alive the lives of those in the traditional worlds. Thus he demonstrates how there has been an impact of the "modern" world on the "traditional boundaries of time and space".

You just have to to think of the metaphorical values of the other poems in the same ways!!!!

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
As I said before, no one likes a Seamus Heaney. His poems relate to RFTG, with all that "going into the past to understand the present" and valuing of heritage and all that out-of-date crap. The Global is here, drop your spades and pick up Xbox controllers and play Halo 2.

SimpaticO

Happy Man
Komaticom said:
As I said before, no one likes a Seamus Heaney. His poems relate to RFTG, with all that "going into the past to understand the present" and valuing of heritage and all that out-of-date crap. The Global is here, drop your spades and pick up Xbox controllers and play Halo 2.
Ah, but could this not be a simplistic interpretation and definition of what exactly the "global" is? Isn't it possible that the "global" is also in some ways a conglomeration of a multitude of "local" identities? If this is the case then it is important that the "local" and all of its heritage and tradition be interpreted and well understood.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The Local rejects the material pursuits of the Global.
A "group of Locals" would still reject the material pursuits of the Global, because if each Local values human relationships the conglomerate can only revolve around human relationships, perhaps start inter-community bonds or start killing each other a la Funeral Rites.

So the Global can't be defined as a conglomerate of Locals. Regardless of whether Locals are together or isolated, their values are similiarly different to that of the Global.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)