Script Writers?? (1 Viewer)

ccgs_jono

hey I'm just wondering who's doing a playscript or screenplay script for their Major Work? I'm doing a screenplay script myself. And how are you relating your script to the Adv. or Ext 1 course? I'm relating mine to 'In the Wild' in the Comparative Study of Texts and Contexts module, and 'Appropriation' from Prelim Ext 1. Anyway...yeah...ciao! :p

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

Finally, someone else.
Relates to Journeys (as everything does), Powerplay (i think) and various other bits and pieces.
Doing a Drama Script. Most annoying thing is having deadlines, my creativity doesn't extend to meeting deadlines..... its hard to be inspired to finish the last 4 pages needed for the asssessment due nest day at 3am the night before.

ccgs_jono

hehehe yeah I hear ya, we had to have half of our major work done for the Viva Voce to read out and stuff...but at the moment my screenplay is realllly bad lol...I'm gonna be working on it a fair bit over the next hols. Yeah I think mine relates to Inner Journeys somehow too..lol, eventhough we're doing Imaginative Journeys...hmmm how does that work?!?!?!:confused:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah, for week 4 next term (viva voce two) we have to have a final draft. Hols is definately 4u. Mines so terrible. I got told to scrap it and start again. lol.

ccgs_jono

:chainsaw: I'm sorta wanting to scrap it completely and change my idea, start from scratch etc. but it's just too late for that sorta thing...especially since my journal has taken me ages to do. *sigh* ahh well...I just can't wait for this year to be over lol. (I might try and sell my screenplay to a big production company if it goes well..hehehe)

ccgs_jono

ok it's a deal, when we're both finished we'll do a swap...and offer eachother some 'constructive criticism' and voice our opinions etc. (lol...this could turn ugly...)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
ooh!!! me me me me

i'm doing a screen play too.

hey ccgs_jono, aren't you the same person in the music forum doing extension too? freaky...

we should all swap and critique... would be fun :D could get dangerous

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hey guys!

i did a screenplay last year... its really weird to think about again! (when you get to uni, you honestly DO forget that the HSC was such a huge defining moment in your life - i know, you've probably heard us uni students say it before and thought it was bullshit, but its surprisingly true!)

dont freak out about how much work you have or havent done... my screenplay didnt even begin to take any kind of shape until july... and dont worry bout conventions and everything like that yet - you can worry bout that later!

just keep writing lots of drafts... (i wrote 17 re-drafts of my major work) and try and approach it from fresh angles every now and then... i did a few completely unrelated scenes at 3am in the morning while wrapped in a doona, and hey, the ended up becoming integral parts of my storyline!

so just have fun with it, and allow yourself to be creative! best of luck eh!

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
Im doing a drama script, but it took me ages to finally decide to use this genre...i was deciding between a play of a short story.

ccgs_jono, dont worry about changing, OIve already changed my idea about twice, and some people still have no clue. The fact that you're considering it means that the thought process has already begun, and thats the hardest. well... maybe not the hardest....I havent done much (read: nothing) for my log book

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
I haven't done much for journal either persephone. The ay I see it, I'm gonna completely finish my script, and then just make up stuff for the journal that sounds good and researchy, because really I've just been doing it all off the top of my head - I could never understand how a creative subject is supposed to involve research (I get if you're doing an essay or whatever when you have to know what you're talking about, but what research can you do for a narrative?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)