Scriptwriters 2005 (1 Viewer)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hello to all!

This mini-forum has usually been pretty quiet.... I suggest you also look at all the threads by fiddling with the settings.

I haven't actually spoken to them, but I'm sure the rest of the script writers in here would be pleased to help at any time. From the class of 2004 we are:

ujuphleg, Monkey_Butler, Josie and ccgs_jono EDIT: and desmosthenes

Please feel free to post here or PM us if you require any help at all. :)

Last edited:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Yep, I'm willing to help out whenever I'm here (or PM/e-mail me). I did a film script, so I'll be no help to stage/radio/speech scripts, keep that in mind :p

monique66

Hmmm...i plan to write a film script too, but i haven't actually even started, i'll get around to it sometime next week, maybe.

veridis

droog
HSC
are they strict with what format your script has to be in? cause i've read a few different palys in different formats and not sure which they want

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I'm going to write a play script, and I have never really written one before, but I love the theatre and I like reading plays in drama, so I thought I'd experiment more with the concept.

If you guys have any random, general tips or pointers, I would love to hear from you :)

This site is so cool.

Arell

HSC
N/A
Random General Tips...
I did a film script for this year, Jaded Revenge, and got 49/50 for the actual major assessment (a little less all up because I stuffed the viva voce) . I was worried about the format, and the fact that it probably went over the 30 minute time limit. And the fact that I gave some camera directions. but obviously I did something right.
All up, I believe what you need to get good marks (I count mine as a good mark, but somebody in our class topped the state) is creativity and to use humour and be "clever". I used a postmodern medium, which made it easy to do that.
Anyway, I'll be on from time to time.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Hi, its like, 2005 already and ive decided to drastically change my medium from that of a short story to a script because i realised that most of the power through my story was going to be through the dialogue and having to write 'he said', 'she said' would have lessened the impact.

Sooo, ive decided to do a film script but i was wondering what the markers thought of short descriptions of twisted settings i.e, the camera moving haphazardly through mist until it reaches a door outta nowhere, that type of stuff, like in a gothic , surreal, Tim Burton/baz Lurhmann type thing...?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this time.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm scripting, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, that's right, I'm writing a script, too. At the moment, my main problem concerns the actualy dimensions of filmscripts as I'm the first one doing EngExt2 at my school, let alone the first doing a film script; gleh.

I'm writing an Absurdist script about a man on an airplane, who - through a growing frustration at the conditions aboard the airplane, eventually hijacks the plane. Through this script I'm trying to justify the reactions of terrorists: making their actions seem rational, given their living conditions. Also, I'm trying to include lots of small punches at different religions and how religious symbolism has become central in our society for fear of being branded 'racist'; a malformation of political correctness.

So, any input would be most welcomed. I'm particularly interested in seeing past HSC film scripts, k?

Now, you all sit there and be good possums.

Over.

monique66

sounds interesting...its a pity this forum is so dead...my script is based in film noir and all, except i'm changing the milieu and exploring feminism and so on and so forth...

HSC
I was originally doing a short story but changed to a play script (absurdist/surrealist/existential sort of a thing) i.e. influences from Beckett, Ionesco, Genet, Pinter, Stoppard, Kafka, and many others

and I'm actually quite excited about it and finding it enjoyable...mind you, I haven't actually started it or anything :D

Felixxx

HSC
Length

I'm doing a play script and was wondering if there was a sure-fire method of measuring the amount of time a scene or page will take up etc. I've already read somewhere around 1 and a half minutes per/page but that seems slightly spurious.

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
ujuphleg said:
Hello to all!

This mini-forum has usually been pretty quiet.... I suggest you also look at all the threads by fiddling with the settings.

I haven't actually spoken to them, but I'm sure the rest of the script writers in here would be pleased to help at any time. From the class of 2004 we are:

ujuphleg, Monkey_Butler, Josie and ccgs_jono.

Please feel free to post here or PM us if you require any help at all. :)
and demosthenes

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
karen.koltrane said:
I was originally doing a short story but changed to a play script (absurdist/surrealist/existential sort of a thing) i.e. influences from Beckett, Ionesco, Genet, Pinter, Stoppard, Kafka, and many others

and I'm actually quite excited about it and finding it enjoyable...mind you, I haven't actually started it or anything :D
i did an absurdist play....based on the death of John Coltrane which is frightening because of ur name on this forum lol.
If you want to see it, pm me.

gorgo31

HSC
hi everyone,

pity this forum is dead - it'd be a really great way for everyone to share ideas and track progress etc... aside from the fact i'm sure 90% of people are dead competetive :D

anyway, my name's chris, and i'm suffering the same bug as a few of you.. doing an absurdist drama script.. was initially going to be a post-modern reworking of albee's "the zoo story" but decided to go with something a little more original.. can't go into too much detail (heh, i'm part of that 90%!) but i'm having loads of fun mucking around with the stage :)

i'd love to hear about everyone else's ideas - in the meantime, happy writing :)

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Felixxx said:
I'm doing a play script and was wondering if there was a sure-fire method of measuring the amount of time a scene or page will take up etc. I've already read somewhere around 1 and a half minutes per/page but that seems slightly spurious.
The only sure fire way of ascertaining the length of your script is to film it. Of course, this is far far too difficult to do so the best you can do is to read it out loud with the correct spaces for panning in between etc. etc.

It is very difficult to give a length per page as it really depends on how much detail you are giving the script.

Pointy Ears

HSC
Script writing software?!?!?

Hey. you guys pls do me a favour.
Where did u get the software for typing up the scripts because right now, im just trying to type up my draft but its so hard when i have to do indentations etc instead of trying to actually write my story.

So pls pls pls telll me where you got ur software or how you managed to cope with typing the bloody thing.

Thanks in advance, *phew*

veridis

droog
HSC
*wonders if he should become a begging rep whore*
scales are fun to click =)

HSC
demosthenes said:
i did an absurdist play....based on the death of John Coltrane which is frightening because of ur name on this forum lol.
If you want to see it, pm me.
oh that's really cool...
karen koltrane is a SY song but I also really like John Coltrane too :)...great, great man
just PMed you, thanks for all your help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)