SCU Coffs! (1 Viewer)

gem_max

HSC
SCU Coffs Harbour!

Has anyone applied for this uni? It seems that everyone applies for the inner city uni's all the time... I would just like to say that I applied for 0 city uni's not that anyone cares but I just thought I'd be different...

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Modnote: Ian, please change the thread title to "CSU Coffs Harbour" :)

G_M: I'm your typical med/law kid, but I say good on you. You're looking past the whole "uni = city" mindset and focusing on what it's really for, your education. I just hope you enjoy whatever you get in to, and make a great life of it.

gem_max

HSC
ah

Oh yes and they only offer that particular field of study in my enemy-the city. Thanks tho its good to see that even people heading off to the city no theres another place just as happenin.

shazabdazla

yeah i applied for lismore campus, not coffs... ;)

..yes, lis is also a hole...but i live in byron which i think is beautiful and relaxing...and has the possibility of good surf (if there is ever any swell again)

...yeah, asquith, law/bus was 93 last year...i'm in though with star access...hehe good ol' cruddy unis....actually i think it's an alright uni...meh

gem_max

HSC
So have they released the star acceptance thingys? How did you find out youd been accepted by star?

gem_max

HSC
Oh and coffs is not a hole. When you come from the west and a town of only 300 ppl coffs is by no means a hole... its paradise that smells oddly of car fumes...

shazabdazla

hehe jem...i don't know what the town in coffs is like, although i'd probably prefer to live there than sydney for the beaches..i actually think coffs wouldn't be bad myself, but then.....meh i'm wierd ..

er, in answer to your question, i received my STAR access scheme acceptance in the mail about a week ago...so did a friend of mine...but, this is for the lismore campus, so coofs campus ones may not have been posted yet...

gem_max

HSC
Oh phew thankyou dude! I thought id missed out there and im really counting on the early entry thing cos we were there this week applying for flats... theres always the conventional way waiting for the uais i know but im an impatient biddy hehehe.

kalli

HSC
how long will your course go for gem_max... i guarantee u will be sick of coffs by the end....

gem_max

HSC
ive been going to coffs for 18 years and im not sick of it. Another four years will be no problem. R u from the city or something? Trust me if u were from my area ud be as eager to move out as i am. Cheers!

kalli

HSC
ive been living in coffs all my life.... coffs is bush (or "regional") so i cant wait to get out either....

gem_max

HSC
Hey what have you got against coffs anyway? It doesnt smell bad, theres heaps of CHEAP places to shop and eat plus all roads seem to lead to the jetty or park beach so u can never get lost. Oh and the people smile A LOT which is so lovely. You mustnt be smiling enough dear. Just smile and breathe.

kalli

HSC
i have nothing against coffs, i just cant wait to get OUT. and coffs DOES smell. especially when theres a fire or smog or in winter when people use their wood fires and the smoke and shit in the air circulates coz it cant get out...... mountains on one side...... ocean on the other....... coffs also has a very high crime rate...... u dont read about it much in the papers n shit but i live on the highway and see it every weekend...... the first week we moved into this house a guy with a knife was trying to mugg this guy out the front on the highway so my bro yelled out... this guy jumped out front fence and was bangin on the door n windows n shit.... coffs isnt as perfect as many tourists think... just wait till you live here.....

gem_max

HSC
yeah that masked crime is everywhere and ill hav to be careful etc etc but nasty stuff goes on here too. Hopefully toormina where the flat is is a little better. It seemed like mainly retired wrinklies there. Anyways dont hate your hometown cos you cant change it and goodluck with wherever you venture to next.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)