SDD Textbook on Joel's old site. (1 Viewer)

Dario

HSC
On Joel Nothman's site, Joel had a link to a page which had sample chapters 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 for a really good SDD text book (not our Heinemann ones). I only got chapter 10 off the site a long time ago and now need chapters 4 and 6 too. Does anyone know the URL from which you can download these chapters ? Has anyone downloaded them already ? If you have, can you please send chapters 4 and or 6 to strbenac@speedlink.com.au or we can organise a peer to peer download ?

Many thanks
- Dario.

T

tactic

yeah i would rather buy a book, i hate reading books online

Dario

HSC
Book

We already have Heinemann, so I don't need Davis's book. Just needed to cross reference one thing since Heinemann is poorly presented and any textbook that contains comic strips is a bit lacking in authority. The book also sometimes refers to the Preliminary book which is bad because our teacher collected the Preliminary book at the end of year 11.

Congratulations to Sam Davis for the layout and presentation of the book (chapter 10 anyway). If only our school bought Sam's books....

fatmuscle

HSC
ask sam nicely to give u a signed autograph one

He's on these boardz!!!

Dario

HSC
Hahaha, Fatmuscle ! I'm assuming you have a keen sense of sarcasm.
I also wasn't sucking up, I was critically evaluating the two texts

fatmuscle

HSC
:p

yeah, Sam Davis book does go much further into detail than the Heinemann

400pages to print!!!

Dario

HSC
Yeah, I wish our school bought it. Our Physics teachers bought everyone a Jacaranda book to use during the course. That is really good because Jacaranda is full colour and detailed.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
our class (all five!) have both the heinemann and davis's book (most have the excel as well). i think davis's book is much better overall but there are a few topics/or parts of topics that are covered better in the heinemann bk. the excel is a hady backup but not too reliable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)