Section 1: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
are there any teachers here to clarify 17. i put b but i was having doubts after people said it was A.

SaMi5

HSC
ando687 said:
Looks like you got 20/20

Q15 can only be D anyone who says otherwise hasnt got a brain (no offence) and Q19 cant be C or D and the overseas subsidiary would have less debt to equity therefore their solvency would improve - has to be A - I got this wrong cos I didnt look at the headings on top of the table
yes! 20/20! wel according to you ando lol.. how many do ya rekon you got??
did ya do well in the other sections??
o and just to check did you get 20, B ? please say yes lol

kalen

Hi
HSC
I took the exam paper for multiple choice and have it here but I hate scanners so if someone really wants the questions I can type them up in Word and host them for anyone to download in a snap.

Anyway - the dictionary definition of "Arbitrate" is: act as arbitrator and "Arbitrator" is defined as: impartial person chosen to settle a dispute and hence the reason I chose "B" for question 17 - I have although, underlines the word arbitrate to reconsider.. either way I am happy with how I did..

We only get marks hey? No papers or answers or anything back?

Willieee

HSC
question 17

afta readin all the comments this is the only question thats still a lil dodgy, im hopin its b on the count thats wat i put, 'before seeking a legally-binding decision' got me, deffinately not C, but D presents a very strong case as taking the employer to anti-discrimination tribunal is not actually a 'binding decision' A could also b rite, guess it comes down to 'most appropriate course of action'
i dunno guess we'll find out when they post the answers in the markin guidelines

HSC
They should give everybody a mark for 17 because they left a word out of one of the answers :)

I still think the answer is A, but I can see that both B and D are possible

but with B, the only time that the word arbitrates appears in the syllabus is under the dispute resolution bit...and there its referring to a legally binding decision. So even if the dictionary has a meaning that relates to conciliation, the exam would be going with the HSC business studies definition of arbitrates. Probably.

When I first read the question, my immediate reaction was to look for the word grievance procedure, and I think A is the closest to a standard grievance procedure - although I agree that it would be more 'appropriate' to go to the employer first.

Pixydust*

Logain said:
Um, I'm pretty sure question 1 was C. Political management refers to the management harnessing the various powers of political "groups" just like the person in the stimulus has done. I don't see how it can apply to behavioural. It's definitely not scientific...
no i dont think its political because that theory attests to the 'natural' existance of groups with similar interests - not with similar goals which are subsets of the organisations overall goals....dunno but im pretty sure its behavioural

Pixydust*

acast29 said:
Ummm peoples the answer for 15 is actually C, seeking venture capital. If you use an overdraft your liquidity will get worse because you're BORROWING short term funds. Venture capital will allow for the business to gain equity finance thus improving the liquidity position.
your working capital improves though. and btw venture capital is irrelevent to a short term liquidity problem. its a medium to long term investment saught by businesses emabrking on high risk projects or newly established businesses in competitive industries with potential to grow - damn i should have talked about that in the report *kicks head*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)