Section 2 - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

Jigram

HSC
I chose Stimulus 2 (pedo looking old guy with young boy on jetty). I made him the kid's grandfather, and half of the story was in past tense describing the young boy's relationship with his grandfather and about how he belonged to his grandfather and the place that they would go to. The second half was when the young boy had grown into a grandfather and was taking his grandson to the same place. He is disappointed with the way the place has changed, but his Grandson and he still shared a strong bond at this place. This is obviously putting it pretty simly. :)

My closing line was "People change. We grow old, change jobs, meet new people, and forget the memories that make us who we are. Places change too. That bond, however - the bond between grandfather and grandson - never changes. As I have seen with my grandfather, and my grandson, it is a bond that is infinite and unbreakable."

What do you guys think? Good idea?

Jigram

HSC
I chose the picture of the women in the 'cafe' yet interpreted the photo to represent communication and expressing oneself. My story was about a women who had a stroke and henceforth became paralysed. It explored how the incident and her inability to speak caused her children to view her as an 'empty shell' and that her only friend was her carer. specific lines i used where 'nothing but a broken moan from a broken women and 'its difficult to communicate when fate steels your speech away' but there were others which alluded to her despair at her state. I'm just worried that i didnt link it to the question/stimulus enough because i took the concept of speech rather then a women chatting in a cafe. Thoughts? did i mess it up? :(
It sounds like a great idea, and nice and complex. That's a really good thing. The problem may be that a marker might not see the "communication and expressing oneself" side of that image. It's not a side that's obvious. That could make your story completely irrelevant to the stimulus. Sounds like a good story though, so you might be fine.

Last edited:

Jawa

HSC
I used number 4 and had to really bend my story to fit it using the grass as a metaphor. I think I did well to fit my story to the question but will have to hope on whether it works well with the stimulus enough as a CENTRAL element.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)