Section 2 of exam doesnt seem to reflect the syllabus at all. (1 Viewer)

Wahlito

Ok, ive just summarised the whole course based on the syllabus.

Then i looked at the 2001 and 2002 exams..

and i was like WTF.... did they use a different syllabus or somehting... because i know the entire course and i mean section 2 they are really not asking for knowledge based on the theory

or am i just missing something here

im confused.. can someone try to help me out a little.

Winston

HSC
ummmm u say uno the whole course pretty well

in hsc 2k2, project management techniques is reasonable its a covered topic then it should be on about algorithms of DFD's which is also reasonable, what part doesn't reflect the syllabus?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
As in the questions they ask have only a little to do with the course, but then APPLYING that knowledge with a bit of computer -common sense- is what they seem to focus mainly about.

Fiona

I agree...

Ok so I'm f*cked anyway for Software, but that's beside the point :)

It does seem to me that a lot of the questions don't really seem to be related to the course, but if you twist them around enough, you can make some sense of them...

It'd be nice if they made them more direct though.

Glide

Damn that project management question... I have a paragraph with like 4 lines in my entire text book on project management..

Glide

Discuss ways in which management could ensure that the software team carry out their responsibilities as software developers.

Ugh!?!?!?

chris42

HSC
Yeah.. Me and glide got some dodgy text book.. Would this question be answered in the excel book ?

Popo Nana

Originally posted by Glide
Discuss ways in which management could ensure that the software team carry out their responsibilities as software developers.

Ugh!?!?!?
One word. Bondage. Always convinces people to "carry out their responsibilities".

I've looked through the Excel book, and found nothing on that question. I'd just hope that nobody sitting the exam gets it correct.

Inhuman

HSC
Originally posted by Glide
Setting some kind of standards would be a good start, you could also make team members keep logbooks and then review to make sure they do their own work or acknowledge others.
I can't think of anything else to make up a 6 marker...

EDIT:Oh and I agree about the syllabus and exam not meeting much. That's why my teacher didn't teach us straight out of the syllabus, she handled it in a more issues-based way, totally unlike the sciences where the syllabus is gospel

Last edited:

Kn1ght_M4r3

i would have to agree with Wahlito the exam just aint really syllabus focused, we got some questions which are but they want us to write heaps on it wen we can only write a paragraph or s0. =0P
man they need to change SDD exams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)