section 3 greek world (2 Viewers)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
okay NO ONE i knew at my school studied delian league in any depth because we didnt learn it properly... and then look what the alternative is! i knew hardly anything about themistocles and miltiades, well not enough to write a decent essay, really just the basics and a few random quotes... i definitely failed this section :(:(

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
oh no. you didn't fail it unless you were me, & wrote that miltiades was A SPARTAN, and didn't mention themistocles in anything but the context of how many battles he may or may not have been at.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
the fucked thing is that the persian wars question was analyse, assess stuff - and a very narrow spectrum (TWO personalities, no more) - whereas the delian leage was what, origins and activities? just describe stuff. so basic, it wasnt really fair but whatever... its like they were trying to teach ancient history students a lesson in only ever answering the persian wars question

krissy7685

seriously though..
about that miltiades and themostocles question.. there is only so much u can write about that,..,. and its not much at all..
i got through half on my booklet and i explained everything i needed to...

wtf was with the punic wars question OMG

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
same, thats what i thought.. how much can you actually say without resorting to waffling & bullshit? i wrote 3 and ahalf pages and had said EVEYRHTING i knew about both of them... lets hope they mark this question benevolently

fuckers

bec_ca

good to know i am not alone

thank god i am not alone.. i hate ancient, wish i dropped it when i had the chance. oh well, it is all over now, no more looking at twenty thousand text books on ancient shite.

apollo

i had trouble deciding which question to do... i fucked off half the syllabus for this topic, and just studied the following backwards;
a. the delian league
b. the persian wars, themistocles, miltiades and aritsides.

so i was pretty much set :)

i knew i could ace both, but i figured miltiades & themistocles would be the best one to do, because it was an "assess" question and was therefor harder than the "explain" of the delian league, which seemed very general... fucked reasoning i know, but i seriously could not make my mind up!

anyway, i wrote 8 pages of gold on miltiades & themistocles... in fact, i wish i had that essay to keep! used about 4 quotes, no fillers no wasted space...

very happy :)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
apollo how much (like paragraphs, words, whatever) did you end up writing on miltiades?

Bubzie

I only studied the Delian League! I didn't liked The Persian wars and so went off to study the league by myself...like most people we weren't taught the League at school! I loved the question and felt sorry for all my other class mates who had to talk about Miltiades...who is he?? :) feel sorry for you guys deeply!

Last edited:

apollo

my final assessment mark was 94 for ancient...

my uai will depend on geography tomorrow. my geography teacher was a fucktard and i've had to teach myself half of the skills through the advice line, and do most of the work myself

you will probably be eating hat dude :)

Leon585

HSC
yeh miltiades themistocles wasnt that hard but i went bad.
miltiades was a bitch to write on, i only got down 3 pages of shit and 6 on themistolces, but some of the miltiades shit was good. bet apollo didnt get it, fecking geographer that he is... pfft who needs atlas' look at ancient history they always change anyways

blue+yellow

hey

woo first post :D
anyway i did this question too today, and i think i did relatively ok but the thing is- i didnt really know anything about Miltiades so 1 page was generalising stuff about him and the next 7 pages were about Themistocle's contributions ( which is all true because i actually studied it). Do you think that i wont get alot of marks because i only really talked about 1 of the 2 people i was supposed to talk about?

:(

apollo

explain the origins and activities of the delian league

(that's not verbatim)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)