Section I: Multiple Choice (1 Viewer)

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
melaniemelanie said:
formula for real gdp for year 3 is

820.0 multiplied by (100 divided by 125)

which gives 656. :)
I thought that it would be 110 divided by 125 because the current year minus previous year divided by previous year etc????

melaniemelanie

HSC
wce06 said:
This is right; buying CGSs would make a flow of money AWAY from the government, and c) isn't logical; the budget deficit is already there so the gov can't increase taxation/decrease expenditure - if they did, it wouldn't be a deficit!
yeah buying govt securities is in D, not A, A is correct, its hear right in front of me in the textbook :)

melaniemelanie

HSC
melaniemelanie said:
yeah buying govt securities is in D, not A, A is correct, its hear right in front of me in the textbook :)
thats the exact formula i was using in past papers! and i kept getting them wrong, i dont know where i got it from, but yeah i was using the years cpi over previous cpi, and then i looked in the textbook, and you actually just use the 100 over the present cpi, hasnt got anything to do with previous cpi, dont no why just follow the formula they give me haha :p

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
1 D
2 C
3 D
4 A
5 C
6 D
7 D
8 C
9 D
10 C
11 B
12 A
13 D
14 A - "Borrowing funds from the RBA" - disused, but legitimate, and correct.
15 A
16 B
17 A
18 A
19 B
20 B

Almost certain of their correctness.

aurel

HSC
No the formula for real GDP = nominal GDP x 100 / CPI (its not divided by the inflation rate)

So 656 is right.

Tbomb2k

T.K
HSC
aurel said:
No the formula for real GDP = nominal GDP x 100 / CPI (its not divided by the inflation rate)

So 656 is right.
ahhh ok. fine i have to settle with 19/20 lol.

followme

HSC
My answers to MC:
1) D
2) C
3) B
4) A
5) C
6) D
7) D
8) C
9) A <---- sighs
10) C
11) B
12) A
13) D
14) A
15) A
16) B
17) A
18) D <---#$%^&
19) B
20) B

hopefully 18/20

hsc=luck:(

HSC
hey guys, for number 7 isnt it C, because as the quota decreases, local producers will face more competition (no protection).
And for 9, is it B?do they talk about the TWI, if so it should be an appreciation for Japanese yen...:bomb:

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I'm gonna go through page-by-page, ok?

1. D (Obvious)
2. C (Obvious)
3. B (Higher GDP + Higher Literacy + Lower Motality? You bet ur ass!)
4. A (Kinda obvious)

Ok, next page...

5. C (If inflation goes up... u can continue that line of thought...)
6. D (kinda obvious)
7. D (Less of something in the country to bother you, right? So less competition, right?)

Next page...

8. C (Be very wary of the calculations...)
9. D (Process of elimination...)
10. C (Honestly, i was thinking "WHAT BENEFIT" but then i chose C...)

Page 6...

11. B (ToT is about PRICE, so we sty with PRICE, k? And the ratio os exports/imports, not the other way around)
12. B (Uh, I forgot the equation, so i guessed =P. But the smartest guy in out grade also chose B for this one! So...)
13. D (Kinda obvious)
14. A (B,C,D will NEVER happen. K? And A is soo textbook stuff...)

Turn over...

15. A (Obvious)
16. B (This this so many times it wasn't funny...)
17. D (Actually, i have no idea. Someone convince me!)

Last page!

18. A (CYCLICAL, yeah?)
19. A (This got me thinking... It couldn't be B, because AID would be in the current account transfers. C is an income credit in the current account. D is a credit, no matter how you look at it. So, by process of elimination I am left wth... A. Yet it still kinda looks wrong... "Interest" repaid... sounds like income debit...)
20. B (Process of elimination.)

There are my answers. My biggest conflicts are 12 and 17, i guess. 19 i'm 90% convinced.

-P_D

jfan30

HSC
hsc=luck:( said:
hey guys, for number 7 isnt it C, because as the quota decreases, local producers will face more competition (no protection).
And for 9, is it B?do they talk about the TWI, if so it should be an appreciation for Japanese yen...:bomb:
A decrease in a quota would reduce the amount allowed in so reduced comp. 9 is def not b, because in the table it shows a depreciation therefore the amount of trade with japan is decreasing.

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
i don't get why 7 is d...
i got b instead...didn't the quota increase?

shit!

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
I'm gonna go through page-by-page, ok?

1. D (Obvious)
2. C (Obvious)
3. B (Higher GDP + Higher Literacy + Lower Motality? You bet ur ass!)
4. A (Kinda obvious)

Ok, next page...

5. C (If inflation goes up... u can continue that line of thought...)
6. D (kinda obvious)
7. D (Less of something in the country to bother you, right? So less competition, right?)

Next page...

8. C (Be very wary of the calculations...)
9. D (Process of elimination...)
10. C (Honestly, i was thinking "WHAT BENEFIT" but then i chose C...)

Page 6...

11. B (ToT is about PRICE, so we sty with PRICE, k? And the ratio os exports/imports, not the other way around)
12. B (Uh, I forgot the equation, so i guessed =P. But the smartest guy in out grade also chose B for this one! So...)
13. D (Kinda obvious)
14. A (B,C,D will NEVER happen. K? And A is soo textbook stuff...)

Turn over...

15. A (Obvious)
16. B (This this so many times it wasn't funny...)
17. D (Actually, i have no idea. Someone convince me!)

Last page!

18. A (CYCLICAL, yeah?)
19. A (This got me thinking... It couldn't be B, because AID would be in the current account transfers. C is an income credit in the current account. D is a credit, no matter how you look at it. So, by process of elimination I am left wth... A. Yet it still kinda looks wrong... "Interest" repaid... sounds like income debit...)
20. B (Process of elimination.)

There are my answers. My biggest conflicts are 12 and 17, i guess. 19 i'm 90% convinced.

-P_D

HEYYYYYYYYYYY.... P_Dilemma .. how was it? .. according to your answers i would sscore 16/20...

Cheers... xoxo

TNguyen

HSC
17 is actually a) bro not D

a decrease in labour costs means lower costs of production meaning producers can produce more, thus increasing supply.

arkanisw

HSC
hsc=luck:( said:

seems like there's so much confusion over 7.

just look at the graph, after the quota decreased, the price went UP for oversea goods right?

so oversea goods are now more expensive, meaning domestic goods are cheaper and hence less competed

TO be honest i have NO idea why q13 is D, and why the other poster says it's obvious..

:p

i wish someone could explain tat one clearly to me..

but lol actually no, i dun intend on keeping my economics with me

sideshowtim

HSC
P_Dilemma said:

-P_D
the answer is b. from the textbook:
"The second item is capital transfers in the form of foreign aid to assist other countries to build up their infastructure or capital stock (such as an Australian donation to build a bridge in the Solomon Islands)

sideshowtim

HSC
i also think 20 is d not b. we see the gini coefficient rising yeah? that means in increase in inequality, remember the closer the number is to 1 it means greater inquality. the only thing you could put this rise in inequality down to is a reduction in taxes for high income earners because they are now paying less tax.

edit: damn i misread the question :( didnt see the since 2003 bit.

Last edited:

moskvich

HSC
Wasn't 20 C??

Seriously, the curve shows that inequality rises and drops..

C is micro reform..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)