Section II - Ancient Societies (1 Viewer)

ReneeApple

HSC
I also choked a bit on the last one, especially when I came out, because I realised I didn't really talk very much about leisure and everyday life. Which is a huge shot in the foot because I studied so hard for it after I made a similar mistake in the trials.

I talked about Lycurgun reforms, value of equality, iron bar money system, hunting for military training + syssition contribution and helots and helot control

I hope it comes out okay. I didn't even remember to question Xenophon's bias, but I did include Plutarch and I questioned his so I guess that's okay. Also modern historians.

wild_rose

HSC
i choked on the 15 marker
only talked about Lycurgan constituion
reforms
Great Rhetra
Compare how it changed the society, so they were lazy and stuff before
and how it contributed to equility in society - so kleros, iron bar currency,
then wrote like how ancient and modern historians believe there was inequality and corruption in governement, underming Lycurgan laws
and of course how Xenephon was bias and all that :)
overall wrote around 2 pages, hopefully get at least a 9-10
I found a 15 marker quite shocking because the questions was so vague- It might have well been say everything you know about sparta- I think because the question was so vague they'll have to accept most answers- I had so much trouble with this as I wasn't sure about how I should have structured it. I talked about similar things- but didn't go into much detail- I went on a tangent about the spartan mirage and how equality is debatable but now I just realised I didn't answer the question because I was so immersed with the quote. crap

mac_attack94

HSC
I did Minoans, I liked the 15 mark question, it was general enough that you could really talk about anything. I started with bull leaping and then the significance of the bull in religion and then I talked about religion in general. I also talked about clothes and jewellery and other leisure activities. Hopefully my answer will be good enough =]

Screamm

HSC
Sparta was all good except for the aklessia (apella) or whatever its called. I knew exactly what the Apella did just that it didn't have a different name -___- ended up making up shit about the agoge and getting it completely wrong. - 5 marks & rage

Corruptivetaint

HSC
Sparta questions were pretty easy, The 15 mark threw me off, I fail at reading questions and probably got it wrong. I wrote about Spartite Men/Women, Helots and Perioiki, their purpose and role and wrote some junk about the Great Rhetra and Laws.

bonedog

HSC
This was definitely my worst section, New Kingdom Egypt is pretty hard because of how much content you need to know and they only chuck four questions of the whole syllabus at you. Because of this, Ancient Societies is always the hardest section in my opinion.

jellybeans4me

HSC
I completely forgot about what the Piraeus and ekklesia was. Just about the whole Athens course was a blank for me *cries*
I didn't mind about my 15 marker though, I talked about the 3 main festivals associated with Athens and threw in a little about the olympics
still *cries*

lockedbox

HSC
I completely forgot about what the Piraeus and ekklesia was. Just about the whole Athens course was a blank for me *cries*
I didn't mind about my 15 marker though, I talked about the 3 main festivals associated with Athens and threw in a little about the olympics
still *cries*
don't worry, lots of people at my school forgot about the ekklesia too, the marks on the report card go all the way down to 20 so in the grand scheme of things you'll be alright. Its only the hsc after all.

WaterIsLiquid

HSC
Anybody who did Minoans know what palace elite, because i dont remember anywhere or anything relating to 'palace elite' even in the social structure. like $#%!^#!

jessxxxr

HSC
Anybody who did Minoans know what palace elite, because i dont remember anywhere or anything relating to 'palace elite' even in the social structure. like $#%!^#!
yeahhh palace elite just refers to the palace bureaucracy, like the scribes in the palace who recorded everything etc, and it also refers to the priests and priestesses of the palaces, their roles and the evidence we have for them etccc

A-Nonentity

HSC
15 mark made me be like

this is sort of easy because it's really open but WTF DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT IN THIS? haha

so i did some lycurgan reforms, some agoge, austere life style community stuff and leisure activities and a bit of social structure. I think i did it reasonably well it was so open i wanted to put in more but ran out of time!

1981Grant

HSC
I also choked a bit on the last one, especially when I came out, because I realised I didn't really talk very much about leisure and everyday life. Which is a huge shot in the foot because I studied so hard for it after I made a similar mistake in the trials.

I talked about Lycurgun reforms, value of equality, iron bar money system, hunting for military training + syssition contribution and helots and helot control

I hope it comes out okay. I didn't even remember to question Xenophon's bias, but I did include Plutarch and I questioned his so I guess that's okay. Also modern historians.
Don't stress, the 15 marker was so vague in its outline that you could talk about anything. Personally I didn't talk at all about leisure and everyday life and I know my response deserves a >12 I think you will be fine, you seem to know what you're talking about.

wild_rose

HSC
Sparta was all good except for the aklessia (apella) or whatever its called. I knew exactly what the Apella did just that it didn't have a different name -___- ended up making up shit about the agoge and getting it completely wrong. - 5 marks & rage
That question wasn't worth five marks- If it was status and role it would be...

Phoenix 12

HSC
Uni Grad
While it was annoying for everyone to talk about their society in the 15 marker, the markers will only probs look for things that you wrote for which there is evidence for. If you mentioned archaeological evidence then you're fine, even if you didnt write that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)