Section II - Society (1 Viewer)

milton77

HSC
how did people go in this section???

Last edited:

kiwi

HSC
Re: mycenae-ancient societies

these where some good questions. 1st one was easy, Cyclopean walls were easy. (C) about tombs was very easy to get sidetracked in talking more about tomb structure that actual burial customs. (d) wasnt bad at all I think it just required talking about Wanax, lawagetas, hequetai, koretor, telestai, artisans free labourers and slaves. with refference to their roles and some carbonised pylos wax tablets as evidence. I thought it was ok.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Re: mycenae-ancient societies

I did Minoans, thought it was pretty easy.

x0nel0vex

HSC
i did minoans and i only found a) b) and d) easy...
burial customs was a bit...shadey.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
sparta:
the questions were easy....had i studied freakin festivals!!!! so i just chucked in what i could remember
the last sparta question was dodgy... so i just related everything about their whooooole way of life back to the army , here's hoping

^emmie^

HSC
burial customs was easy the one on industrys was hardest
is writting linear a and b and did u need to write anything on them or just name them cause i just named them

samuel slack

HSC
Exact same Ahen. I so expected a festival question, I was like "its going to be in there, because I haven't studied it"... and I was right. I think it came out pretty well though... and hell yes was the last question dodgy. I mean, the importance of the army? I just talked about whole way of life as well; social structure, government, education, role of women etc. It was annoyingly broad.

spangacrab

HSC
ahen said:
sparta:
the questions were easy....had i studied freakin festivals!!!! so i just chucked in what i could remember
the last sparta question was dodgy... so i just related everything about their whooooole way of life back to the army , here's hoping
I am exactly Ditto.

braddio

HSC
I think u just had to write them since it was only worth 2 marks...

I thought minoans was really easy... i had guessed the burial and industry questions and studied them the most...

I thought i did the best in this section over the others!!

fishy89sg

HSC
the marking scale 2 3 8 12 was VERY restrictive: if you didnt know something youre screwed (i.e. festivals for me).

the 2 2 5 6 10 structure was good cause if you forgot one thing it wouldnt hurt so much.....

i told my friends "omg can we go through the army stuff please??" yesterday night cause i knew it was gonna be tested (men's intuition) and they all ignored me :confused::burn::confused:

spence

HSC
Yeah the old mark system was way better, especially cause i forgot what a freaking syssitia was... all in all did pretty badly in this bit

nadinenadine123

HSC
did anyone else do periclean athens...and think...12 marks on the acropolis??????your kiddding riiight...

cupid4u

HSC
HAHAHA
I did sparta and forgot the historians... i did aristotle cause i remembered him when i was reading over my text book...and i think something starting with P... it was in the exam... i just looked for a historian who i thought might off been aqround for sparta.. .and no not pliny or anything... im not that dumb. lol

oh and the army question, i did the same as what u guys were saying about it relating to the whole way off life.
I connected the army to women who pushed the idea oh shame if u did not perform and they raised strong men, and men because all men where obliged to be int he army, even non citizens who wernt trained, and how the slaves produced the resources for the army.
and also how it proctected the place, and the form of government revolved around it blah blah

the only good question.

i proberbly flunked festivals... i said karnia hahah

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
yay!!!!! all you other spartiates did the same thing for army
lets hope everyone just fails the festivals question then...

lonlonlon

HSC
cupid4u said:
HAHAHA
I did sparta and forgot the historians... i did aristotle cause i remembered him when i was reading over my text book...and i think something starting with P... it was in the exam... i just looked for a historian who i thought might off been aqround for sparta.. .and no not pliny or anything... im not that dumb. lol
Plutarch?

skoollover

HSC
nadinenadine123 said:
did anyone else do periclean athens...and think...12 marks on the acropolis??????your kiddding riiight...
I think the acropolis question was absolute bullshit as well as the Thelos question????? is that even in the syllabus!!!!!!!

mattooty

HSC
ahen said:
sparta:...
I had actually studied the army way of life and its importance this morning before i went into the exam so i was pretty pumped with that.
As for festivals i couldnt remember anything and turns out the second 3 mark question was a mess hall....now who woulda guessed? hahahha

Scorch

HSC
Persia during the time of Darius and Xerxes was pretty good, I'm glad they gave us a question on Religion for 12 marks. :D

frozenindesire

HSC
yo, Scorch it seems we do all the same subject (switching your maths for my bio and modern hist). i find that amusing. 3 exams to go!

Kalomoira

HSC
i did sparta
was very happy with it
festivals are my fav :p
military not so much
but yeah did how it was important to the society as a whole
everything revolved around it yadadadada
didnt actually talk abotu weapons or anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)