Section III - Personality (1 Viewer)

nick1689

HSC
Did anyone else find part a. in Hannibal was a bit out of left park? Part b. was easy, but the relationships with the opponents? Ill be lucky to get 6/8 for that part... Ah well, rest of the test was easy though so its alrite.

X

xeuyrawp

Yeah, that is quite left-field for a personality question part, especially one so early in the question...

I wanna know what the Akhenaten and Ramses questions were. =D

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Akhenaten : relationship with family
assess the achievements of his reign (or similar)
Ramses : relationship with officials
asess his achievements

i did akhenaten ( even though we kinda did ramses in class as well, i have no idea why...)
i found the question quite easy actually, both of them they were virtually out of previous years exams because me and my friends were talking about how to do those questions and waddaya know!

why is the ancient history page so dead? i couldn't even get on BOS after the english/maths/chem etc exams which was really annoying seeing as i dont even do most of those subjects :p

^emmie^

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah, that is quite left-field for a personality question part, especially one so early in the question...

I wanna know what the Akhenaten and Ramses questions were. =D
Akhenaten
a/ describe the relationship between Akhenaten and his family?
b/ assess the achievements of Akhenaten?

Ramesses
a/ describe the relationship between Ramesses II and his officials?
b/ assess the achievements of Ramesses II?

lil mon

HSC
Did anyone find the Hatshepsut questions WAAAYYY to broad and as a result spent heaps of time on it?
Relationship between T3 and Hatshepsut is more like a 15 mark question
Assess her reign............ Dats da whole syllabus!!!!!!
I reckon I spent 55 mins on her. wrote nearly 2 booklets
I couldn't go indepth with it.
Screwed me over for Historical period cos i spent more time on her.

braddio

HSC
HATSHEPSUT....was alright.. B) was VERY broad...
a) had been asked b4 and was to long for 10 mark question!!

I was hoping for a qtn on building program.... but oh well...

3 exams to gooo...WOO...lol

samuel slack

HSC
I wrote 2 booklets for Hatshepsut questions... and still didn't cover everything. You're right, they were so broad. But I think I did well enough. I hope I did anways. I'm half really glad they were broad questions, because I could answer them really well, but half annoyed, because it means that people who really didn't work hard in this topic can pull really good marks out, with minimal effort.

spangacrab

HSC
I hate agrippina, it was reasonably easy though, didn't finish very well as I ran outa time and had to write the last sentence after they stopped etc. Risky but worth it.

spence

HSC
This was definately my best part, then section 4, then 1, then 2. Did Caesar, thought the questions were good, but heaps of people didn't like them. But I think I may have accidentally combined two battles into one, oops

airbag

HSC
Assess Caear's military career?

WTF was I supposed to say?

He kicked anus, he pulverised everybody that even looked at him funny

FFS, I filled up 6 pages saying that, i couldn't believe how general it was

Bec-B

HSC
samuel slack said:
I'm half really glad they were broad questions, because I could answer them really well, but half annoyed, because it means that people who really didn't work hard in this topic can pull really good marks out, with minimal effort.
Yeah it did give us a chance to talk about a lot, which was good (someone before was saying they were hoping for a q on building programs...at least you could discuss that as an achievement)Anyhow Samuel Slack, a lot of people I've spoken to this afternoon who hadn't put much work in were really cast adrift by it being so broad, they had nothing specific to talk about, so they only wrote a little bit. But I guess it does leave room for bullshit artists, hey?The Thutmose III question was straight out of our trial (and our historical period questions were basically a choice between our half yearly and trial questions just worded a little differently) so overall I was fairly stoked with this exam, fingers crossed for a good result for everyone!

intriikatepavii

HSC
spangacrab said:
I hate agrippina, it was reasonably easy though, didn't finish very well as I ran outa time and had to write the last sentence after they stopped etc. Risky but worth it.
i liked the agrippina questions. i thought they were quite easy as well

Hermes3

HSC
yeah, hatshepsut b) was way too broad... Asess her reign - that means:
1) military campaigns
2) trade expeditions
3) building programs
4) overall sucess as a Pharaoh

anything else?

nick1689

HSC
Did anyone else do Hannibal at all? Seems no one were doing the electives I did..

Bec-B

HSC
Hermes3 said:
yeah, hatshepsut b) was way too broad... Asess her reign - that means:
1) military campaigns
2) trade expeditions
3) building programs
4) overall sucess as a Pharaoh

anything else?

Yeah that was pretty much what I wrote about, for overall success as a pharaoh I incorporated the whole political success of her reign, her administrative abilities, the way that she made an unconventional reign work etc.

samuel slack

HSC
With Hatshepsut I also talked about the development of the ideology of kingship, the innovations in her reign, and her development of religion.

Bec-B

HSC
Oh yeah! Religious policy! I talked about that too, like her unprecedented devotion to Amun, funerary innovations, festivals, that kinda thing.
And I tied ideology of kingship into the political stuff.

Ademir

HSC
Wtf at question a) for xerxes.

relationship with persians and non-persians haha. I knew this was going to be in there. it was the one thing I didn't study thinking it wasnt going to be in there, and it was, and I knew it was. argh

but - broad question. bullshitting ftw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)