Section IV - Extended Response (1 Viewer)

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Can anyone tell me the exact wording of Q28? I can't seem to find my exam... :S

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i did 28... but i liked da communication sys part of 27... 2 bad they couldn't mixed them up so its causes and communication sys....

leelee1987

HSC
well i did question 27 and that was good. all together i wrote about 8 pages but the thing was that i didnt get finish cause when the lady said pens down i was neally on to a new booklet which really sucked that i didnt finish the essay. damm it!!!!!!

Haks

HSC
for section 28, i divived my response up into 2 parts, the first being causes of conflict, the 2nd being the use of rewards and t & d...did anyone else do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

7th Sign

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
i chose 28. Fuckerd it up. i didnt really remember anything about Billabong and industrial conflict. but i thought i had a better chance of rabbiting on about it than i did of giong on about rights and obligations of employers or whatever 27 was.

Billabong is good....their was heaps to write about it....things like rewards were covered all over billabogn like workers been able to leave work early for a surf and shit liek that...

MarsBarz

HSC
I did 28. Bullshited a lot, used about 5 different case studies. It was actually possible to make some of the stuff up for this question.

german rock on

HSC
can i just ask... are you allowed to make up Case Studies? I mean many ppl may do it... but is it legit to? And can you be penalized if markers think you are making a case study up?

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
I had Billabong ready, but only for Marketing really, so QANTAS and a made up business it was.

MarsBarz

HSC
german rock on said:
can i just ask... are you allowed to make up Case Studies? I mean many ppl may do it... but is it legit to? And can you be penalized if markers think you are making a case study up?
You are allowed to make case studies up. I believe this is mentioned in the syllabus.

GiantSloth

HSC
hak52c said:
for section 28, i divived my response up into 2 parts, the first being causes of conflict, the 2nd being the use of rewards and t & d...did anyone else do this?

I did same as u broke my responce up to 1: causes of industrial confict
then broke it up into sections wage demands, working conditons, management policy social issues and political goals.

Then did rewards as a heading and showed how that helped manage change effectivly then did the same for training.
Used Ikea as my case study.

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Yea, it doesn't matter if you make it up, the markers won't belooking to see how well you could memorise a case study rather they want to see how you can apply the theory to a real world situation. Even if that situation is made up you would keep it realistic and thus show you can apply your knowledge of the course.

hillsdude

Hey All!

Umm I chose question 28...my plan is as follows-

1. Intro on causes and managing change

2. Executive Summary for Coca Cola Amatil and Billabong International

3. Causes of 1998 Moorrabbin Dispute @ CCA - disagreements w/ m'ment policy, working conditions and employment contract. Then just general shit on causes.

4. Managing change @ Billabong International - use of non financial and financial rewards, training and multiskilling of employees to use the company's new online ordering system. Process for effectivly managing change (identify need, set achievable goals, change agents/models for implementation - change agents were used at B'bong in the form of supervisors, which can be linked to training)

5. Evaluation of Billabong's management of change - Compared and contrasted the ER strategies used by Billabong. Noted that these strategies have been highly effective since the company has not experienced any incidents of industrial conflict.

6. Conclusion - Summed up everything with a whole lot of bullshit. Noted that Billabong has had more success that Coca Cola Amatil and that if CCA paid more attention they may have avoided industrial conflict (which was a little bit of a stab but oh well)

How did everyone else go? Question 28 seems awful popular? Thank god its all over....

chidori69

yeah! im perverted!
HSC
well i did question 28... probably not as well as dudey above me >.> but still i refered to qantas ^______^

HSC
I thought extended response doesn't require executive summaries...? Just plain summaries of the case studies i guess...:S

did Q28, except I forgot to refer to case study until 2/3 of the way....:S:S did Qantas...definitely not so good....

Pixydust*

hak52c said:
yup i did that. i dont htink the question was about strategies to manage change ie identify the need for change etc , i think more likely it was about using rewards and stuff to manage change in the organisation - like a need for new skills because of new equipment. shite i hope im covered coz im totally screwed if its not about that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)