Section IV - Question 27 (1 Viewer)

a_person86

HSC
Describe the role of financial planning and evaluate the effectiveness of financial strategies used in managing global business.

First of all what is Financial planning?

I did Financial strategies, like effective working capital, effective cash-flow management and effective profitability. I look up my textbook and it said "Effective Fiancial planning" as the title for cash-flow and profitibility. But then there is also the planning cycle!!! I not sure which one is correct, and was writing working capital a waste of time?

For the second section it was just about hedging, derivative, overseas borrowings and insurance right? I forgot to mention methods of payment but that should cover most of em.

Am i on track?

Also, how many pages you write for this question in particular???

Last edited:

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
Hell I just wrote about the financial planning cycle, talked about financial ratios a bit, and then I talked about hedging and forward contracts and stuff. I think you are on the right track ;) wrote 10 pages (low quality though)

a_person86

HSC
So it was planning cycle? - AH FUCK!
Dont think ratios have anything to do with it!

10 pages, how many words a line?

I wrote 5 pages, poor time management cause me spending more time on the business report.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
I wrote in pretty big writing like 5 words a line
I don't know what they meant by financial planning exactly, they didn't ask about the planning cycle specifically... the question was very vague which is probably why most people did #28. As long as you wrote something about financial management of the business it is probably correct.

Tabris

HSC
Refer to your case study, it was under "You will be assessed on". I didnt include the planning cycle. I jsut did the overview of the role and its objectives.

a_person86

HSC
With the case studies i just mentioned they used these methods, like for each one, i would mention a case study that uses what i said, is that good enough?

I didnt reli go into depth explaining how they use it n shit, does that reli matter?

a_person86

HSC
I been looking through my text book for the role of financial planning. I found "The role of financial management and planning" the planning part specificaly relating to planning cycle. However, further on there is "Effective financial planning" - that is fuked, what is the right answer... i honestly think its planning cycle but im hoping im wrong (thus making my exam right)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
The best way to approach this question was to skip right over it and move onto Q 28.

curly_lox

both questions sucked

I didnt like either of the questions. I did question 27. I think you were meant to write about both the financial planning cycle and the effective financial planning, if you only wrote about one don't worry at least you will still get some marks.
Thats gotta be the worst question i have ever come across in Business studies. i wrote about hedging and derivatives and that sort of stuff along with all the financial ratios and strategies etc ( i didnt think they were meant to go in but they might get me a couple of marks). in all i wrote about 8 pages and related it all back to my case studies. i think i may have only done one. we didnt have to do 2 did we?

Oh well i dont care no more, i quite happy that i never have to look at another business text book and analyse businesses ever again, or at least for a long time.

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
I'm curious, if it's the worst question you've ever come across, why not do 28? :D

chuckles

ugh i hate business studies so both the options were incredibly evil!! but i talked to my teacher and he told me that as soon as he read them he knew we would have trouble answering either one of them...

but OH MY GOSH I NEVER HAVE TO DO BUSINESS STUDIES EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!
sooo stoked, already thrown everything out!! never ever again!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)