section two (1 Viewer)

*bec*

hey guys, i kno the exams ova n stuff but i was curious as to what ppl actually wrote for section 2...at skool we were all comparing our story ideas to see which ones were the most ridiculous...mine turned out to be a stream of conciousness (a journey through time in the english exam perhaps?) i seem to suck at thinking up a decent storyline in like 5 minutes....did anyone else have that prob?

sub

mine was a kid of age 6 going to darwin with her mum...i wrote the first thing in my head when i saw journeys over landscapes ;)
not bad...7 pages of pure crap.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mine was about 2 brothers driving in the early morning to burn down the family farmhouse.

The younger brother loves his older brother to death.

His older brother is a pyromaniac who refuses to follow in their dad's footsteps.

The fire never starts, but the little brother ends up choking on smoke (which is non existant) anyway.

ie: physical, inner and imaginative journey rolled into one :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Did anyone else read the rubric after the exam finished and realise they hadn't really demonstrated their particular "understanding of the concept of the journey" but had just written a story which happened to involve going somewhere?

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I did "Journey's through Time" and began it with the opening paragraph from my extension 2 major work:

"All lands on this earth are the children of Time, of the Great Parent, are born from its womb and share its secrets. And Time, the Great Parent, gives unto its children the gift of the passing moment, so that its children may grow from seed to sapling, from sapling to tree, from tree to forest, so that they may give birth to shade and to fruit and to rich dark soil that smells of wetness and genesis, of the maternity of the earth. The children of Time are the great places of the earth, entangled by crawling vines, by webs of shade and light dripping from high leaves, covered with damp moss, gnarled trunks rising tall from the muddy navel of earth, lungs made of twisted wood groaning with life, the voices of leaves whispering of the secret cycles…"

I then wrote a story about how a figue representing the archetypal "Death" was leading me across this desert landscape. In the desert landscape were immense black skyscrapers. As I followed a dirt path through the desert, led by "Death" the skyscrapers became grey and pierced the sky, and all sorts of technological developments occured. I used the rhetorical question to reflect on what had happened to the natural world, how it was disappearing. In the end, though, humanity destroys itself, and the cycle begins again, green-life reasserts itself, growing bright and green from the blood red earth. I then had a prologue and reflected on how I was the embodiment of all my ancestors journey's, how all their paths had led to me, and how my journey would in turn be carried on by my descendants.

It sounds ok in theory, I just hope it works.

scruffy012

HSC
mine was dark and gloomy, (well thats pathetic Falecy for ya:p) about a girl who lived in the Newcaste Dewtention Centre after her parents gave her up.... the rest inst appropriate for posting.... too depressing/realistic

scruffy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)