selective entry for year 11 baulko, normo, nsb (1 Viewer)

johnny73

HSC
hey guys i despretly need your help. im in year 10 and applying for year 11 selective schools.

i have about 3 months to prepare for nsb and normo tests and i was wondering how to prepare for the tests.

and could someone help me with what extra certificates i could possibly get for baulko.

thanks so much.

idkkdi

HSC
hey guys i despretly need your help. im in year 10 and applying for year 11 selective schools.

i have about 3 months to prepare for nsb and normo tests and i was wondering how to prepare for the tests.

and could someone help me with what extra certificates i could possibly get for baulko.

thanks so much.
idk how their tests work. but if u need some y10 maths papers,

johnny73

HSC
thx but I still don't know what to doooo admanfafjadfn,gnksdgnsd,gmg.

soz.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
For Normanhurst, you may need to consider the following (I believe this information is still accurate as of today):

The maths test is set like a formal exam and assesses 5.3 content. Therefore, having a thorough knowledge of Year 10 5.3 content is a necessity, and you also need to make sure you complete plenty of practice questions to ensure you can effectively apply your knowledge to the questions.

The English test contains 2 sections, the first being a comprehension section and the second being a writing section. The comprehension section has short answer questions that mainly emphasise techniques in addition to other relevant English concepts that you learn in Year 10. Since they seem like questions that require well-developed answers, your knowledge of techniques will be crucial. In addition to this, practise reading texts and identifying techniques so you can improve your analytical skills prior to the test.

The writing section may ask for a persuasive or creative response. Apparently, it is worth a significant part of the English test so performing well in this section is extremely important and will help you increase your chances of doing well overall. For this you need to consider quality, length and structure of your response. Practise answering persuasive and creative writing questions, and ask your current English teacher for feedback so you can improve and hopefully do well in the test.

I hope this helps 😄

johnny73

HSC
Thank you so much. 😄

This information will truly help anyone who actually commits to preparing for the exam, but idfky I'm just messed up.
Like I stress so much about getting in, but then I get distracted so badly. Like instead of practicing or studying for this serious event in my life, which could both help me out financially, emotionally and academically, I just waste time. For a couple years now, basically all of high school, I start and finish my assigned work the night it is due and do pretty well in marks wise. I am constantly tired everyday, and just waste time on youtube or searching stupid shet up on google. Sure I may be doing fine at school, but I think I am just wasting my opportunity in doing something better in life. I know that the course I want to get in is extremely competitive but I just don't have the motivation to sit down and study for hours everyday, focused and determined. Even my friends and family constantly tell me that I'm a loser since I waste my time and I know that.

I really want to change. I really do. Im not putting in the effort to see the results though.

Please help me lol
Thanks.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Like I stress so much about getting in, but then I get distracted so badly. Like instead of practicing or studying for this serious event in my life, which could both help me out financially, emotionally and academically, I just waste time. For a couple years now, basically all of high school, I start and finish my assigned work the night it is due and do pretty well in marks wise. I am constantly tired everyday, and just waste time on youtube or searching stupid shet up on google. Sure I may be doing fine at school, but I think I am just wasting my opportunity in doing something better in life.
The good thing is, you're not alone. Both selective and comprehensive school students who want to get good marks have been through such things. The important thing to do now is to try to get into the habit of using your time effectively. Of course, good time management can't be achieved in one go. It has to be done gradually. Try to spend a bit less time on YouTube/Google every day and instead use that time to study and work on your assignments. The more you can repeat this process, the more study time you will gain, and the less time-wasting you will be.

I know that the course I want to get in is extremely competitive but I just don't have the motivation to sit down and study for hours everyday, focused and determined. Even my friends and family constantly tell me that I'm a loser since I waste my time and I know that.
Try to develop a study plan that will allow you to study effectively and complete your assignments in a timely manner. This doesn't just include how many hours you will study for each day, but also what study goals you're trying to achieve every day as well as when you should have breaks (breaks are important as they allow you to refresh your mind and then continue studying).

The fact that the course you ultimately want to get in is extremely competitive should be used as a motive to help you push yourself to the limit and this is of course achievable, because your will to change is there 👍

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)