Selective errors (1 Viewer)

Momentazeus

HSC
Hi guys,
What are the chances of someone's selective score being miscalculated? My sibling does well academically and they also attended tutoring where they excelled and stayed near the top at all times. I can't begin to comprehend how they could have bombed the test. Do you think that there is a possibility that their marks were miscalculated due possibly due to a new company running the selective test?

aulinia

HSC
It most likely wasn’t miscalculated. Maybe they do well academically but just messed up on the test? At the end of the day, the test doesn’t measure their academic abilities and they can always try again next year. ☺

Momentazeus

HSC
Who knows? They are very smart but I don't know what happened? Maybe they panicked. Unless there was an error with their mark, they have no chance since my school is top 3. They could always get in later on but next year is my last year so that is unfortunate.

How hard would it be to get into Baulko for year 8 entry?

aulinia

HSC
Who knows? They are very smart but I don't know what happened? Maybe they panicked. Unless there was an error with their mark, they have no chance since my school is top 3. They could always get in later on but next year is my last year so that is unfortunate.

How hard would it be to get into Baulko for year 8 entry?
The stress could have got to them and maybe they choked, or maybe they just had an off day. The test is a big deal, and a lot of students ends up over-stressing and not performing as well as they usually do, which is most likely what happened to your sibling.

Baulko is a very hard school to get into, regardless of the year you apply. But if your sibling continues to maintain the marks they get, involve themselves in the school they go to, have extracurriculars inside and outside of school, etc, they’ll probably get in (as well as acing the HAST test). Just keep in mind that only a few spots are open for every year.

Your sibling still has many opportunities to excel, even if it’s not at the school you attend. Good luck to them! :p

Momentazeus

HSC
Thanks! But does anyone know roughly how many spots open for year 8 entry into Baulko? I know that there are more spots as people leave to Ruse but I am not that sure about year 8. Could someone who moved to Baulko in year 8 please possibly give me advice?

wzsmartypants

HSC
Thanks! But does anyone know roughly how many spots open for year 8 entry into Baulko? I know that there are more spots as people leave to Ruse but I am not that sure about year 8. Could someone who moved to Baulko in year 8 please possibly give me advice?
there might be no spots or just a few, especially at baulko since it's like one of the best selective schools in the state, there's usually no spots for year 8 entry especially at highly ranked selective schools.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)