Self Selected Text for Frontline (1 Viewer)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Hey guys,

I'm hoping to do 'The Truman Show' as my self selected text for Telling the Truth however, would i be allowed to use this, as it's one of the texts used in Standard English - Module A Elective 3 (IMAGE)?

I really hope i can because it links well with the two frontline episodes i've selected. :D

Thanx in advance. :)

pakigal

HSC
Hey,
Yeah you can't use it cos my friend was going to but then the advice line people advised her not to.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pakigal said:
Hey,
Yeah you can't use it cos my friend was going to but then the advice line people advised her not to.
Advised her not to because its a text that's used too often or because its a text used in standard english?

pakigal

HSC
Because it's a text used in standard they didn't say you can't do it, they said it's better if you don't.

You still have time to find one extra text =) Good luck!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
pakigal said:
Because it's a text used in standard they didn't say you can't do it, they said it's better if you don't.

You still have time to find one extra text =) Good luck!
Yeah, i do but what a pain. :mad1:

Thanx for your help and all the best :D

samuel slack

HSC
I'm using Wilfred Owen's poem "Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori" and Owen is studied in standard somewhere. My teacher said it would be fine, she's a HSC marker and she said that we're allowed to do it. Plus, frontline is my best module and my that poem links back to frontline really well, so I don't see why I should worry about changing this late. :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
I'm using Wilfred Owen's poem "Dulce Et Decorum Est Pro Patria Mori" and Owen is studied in standard somewhere. My teacher said it would be fine, she's a HSC marker and she said that we're allowed to do it. Plus, frontline is my best module and my that poem links back to frontline really well, so I don't see why I should worry about changing this late. :)
Yeah, i've got everything ready for the truman show as well...i'd really hate to go looking for another self selected when the one i have now does the job so well. :)

samuel slack

HSC
tanjin said:
:D LOL...

& then fail. :eek:
Probably. But anyways. Dammit. I'm sick of module 2 already. I'm trying to do past papers for transformations and frontline and my brain has turned into mush.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
Probably. But anyways. Dammit. I'm sick of module 2 already. I'm trying to do past papers for transformations and frontline and my brain has turned into mush.
I'm scared of paper 2. :eek:

Really scared.

samuel slack

HSC
So am I. It's shaping up to be the worst paper I'll sit. It's back to back with business... ARGH! Then maths less than a week later. That will be the worst week of my life (to date). After that week I'll feel extremely relieved...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
samuel slack said:
So am I. It's shaping up to be the worst paper I'll sit. It's back to back with business... ARGH! Then maths less than a week later. That will be the worst week of my life (to date). After that week I'll feel extremely relieved...
I'll feel relieved once math is done. Im not really worried about anything besides math.

Damn math to hell.

gizmo99

HSC
i'm pretty sure u can use it. my teacher's supervisor of marking, and im pretty sure he said u can use stuff from standard. he even said u can use stuff from other electives in advanced if u want

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
gizmo99 said:
i'm pretty sure u can use it. my teacher's supervisor of marking, and im pretty sure he said u can use stuff from standard. he even said u can use stuff from other electives in advanced if u want
Well i know that in EE1 - you definitely cant use texts from any other english course but i have no idea how this adv english thing works.

starrysky

HSC
Spammykins, I wuvvoo.

I'm shit-scared for Paper 2. Paper 1 sounds easy enough, and I know it more thoroughly than Paper 2. And the worst thing is that the notes on Board of Studies are FUCKING USELESS. They all talk about the fact that TTT was the most popular module, and Frontline was "once again the most commonly analysed".

Fuck you. FOCUS ON POWERPLAY. It isn't scary, BoS. REALLY.

Back onto the topic - so you're doing Truman, Tanzin?

@Sam: Yeah. Business back-to-back with Paper 2. What the fuck? I hate BoS for doing that. Hate them so much I wish they'd shoot themselves in the arse. Oh yeah.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
starrysky said:
Spammykins, I wuvvoo.

I'm shit-scared for Paper 2. Paper 1 sounds easy enough, and I know it more thoroughly than Paper 2. And the worst thing is that the notes on Board of Studies are FUCKING USELESS. They all talk about the fact that TTT was the most popular module, and Frontline was "once again the most commonly analysed".

Fuck you. FOCUS ON POWERPLAY. It isn't scary, BoS. REALLY.

Back onto the topic - so you're doing Truman, Tanzin?

@Sam: Yeah. Business back-to-back with Paper 2. What the fuck? I hate BoS for doing that. Hate them so much I wish they'd shoot themselves in the arse. Oh yeah.
Well, i'd really like to do The truman show - makes perfect sense with the two episodes i've chosen but yeh i dont want to get penalised for it.

Edit: Spammykins <3 :eek:

samuel slack

HSC
starrysky said:
I totally agree. Its the thing thats got me most worried. I mean, what the hell? They couldn't find one other free day to have an exam, they just put two of the most difficult exams together. (okay i know business isn't THAT difficult, nor is paper 2, but they involve a huge amount of content)

I'mBatman

HSC
If the text is not studied in your course, then they cannot mark you down or be prejudiced against you in any way for using it.

tanjin, Who told you that? It doesn't seem accurate to me. that said, if you're doing, say, Postmodernism, then none of the texts in the english Advanced course fit in with it anyway, so...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I'mBatman said:
If the text is not studied in your course, then they cannot mark you down or be prejudiced against you in any way for using it.

tanjin, Who told you that? It doesn't seem accurate to me. that said, if you're doing, say, Postmodernism, then none of the texts in the english Advanced course fit in with it anyway, so...
No one told me that i couldn't use it but my EE1 teacher said that in ext we cant use a text from any of the other english courses as a self selected text. I just assumed that it applied to all english courses. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)