Semester 1 Chatter Thread (2010) (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha I have a few group work assessments, one being a 6000 word essay.

I asked before the lecture and nobody I knew was in my tute, so my friend changed from hers to mine so we could work together. Phew.

We've worked together before and it's so easy. I don't have to worry about her grammar or spelling, or that she's missed the point. Our writing styles are similar, she has similar standards to me so I know we're both aiming for the same marks. Neither of us has to boss the other around, or worry that the work won't get done properly.

Very happy.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I saw alice the other night too.

It's OK. It's not as visually spectacular as Avatar but it's worth a watch.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Has anyone had a flick through the Green Paper Green Paper - About the University - The University of Sydney

What the fuck is the University doing? They're restructuring everything!
On the actual document, there are spelling and gramatical mistakes left right and centre! It's disgusting!
there's nothing intrinsically wrong with restructuring. i think it's fair enough that they want to reduce the administration costs involved with having billions of tiny faculties like vet science, pharmacy and agriculture that could logically be components of larger faculties.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah I don't know how I feel about the restructure. Where'd the faculty of education and social work go? It seems to spread it out through other colleges, and I don't know if that would be a good idea.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Betsi Beem is one peculiar lecturer. Tried to spend most of the lecture trying to convince us to drop her lecture. Then for the first time ever for me in a government subject, there was a roll call at a lecture.

Which was great cause 45% of the class was not even there.

KarmaKitten

HSC
65% of undergrads in 2008 were from north/eastern suburbs. interesting.

This College of the Arts and Sciences just sounds strange.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Why would you lump science in with arts instead of engineering or med?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I am from the west.

Hurrah!

Also my lectures frequently have a roll passed around. 90% attendance rate for everything these days.

Hurrah!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Many universities maintain a link between Arts and Science. Science is considered one of the liberal arts. Also, the two branches of science are the natural sciences and the social sciences. I can see the rationale for it. Still seems unusual though.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
how was it?
It was okay! I didn't like the ending but I rarely like the ending to any film. In terms of CGI, Avatar beats it hands down but I didn't watch it for that anyway.

jet

Banned
HSC
Many universities maintain a link between Arts and Science. Science is considered one of the liberal arts. Also, the two branches of science are the natural sciences and the social sciences. I can see the rationale for it. Still seems unusual though.
It's very American, I think. It makes sense, but yeah, it is unusual.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
ew newbies in thread :(

nah, i love you all

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Awww, no! :( Come sit next to me in one of the lectures though, and I'll introduce you too all my new friends. :p Do you look anything like your avatar? ;)

yeah lol my avatar is me

<<<<

come say hi :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)