Semester 2 2018 MQ Results Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
If you have time pop over and review your subjects so the next cohort going through can benefit from your experience.
I actually deleted my 1st year reviews of Math, Phys & Astro subjects because, on reflection, I've noticed how deeply personal and varied these experiences become. For example, in second year math units I had a lecturer who I (still) consider to be the worst communicator I've had the personal misfortune to endure - but - I have spoken to a fellow student, who I have the greatest respect for (AND this person has outstanding results and understanding), who felt this particular lecturer was "excellent". That's just one example. So I'm quite uncomfortable with 'reviews' but always happy to give informal replies when I may have specific unit insights to a question!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I always found that they reviews were helpful but people should take them with a grain of salt

TripleJ55

HSC
N/A
2 Ds in busl320 and accg340. Had a turbulent final semester dealing with personal problems, but glad I finished strong. Will review a few subjects which hopefully will help those next year.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
2 Ds in busl320 and accg340. Had a turbulent final semester dealing with personal problems, but glad I finished strong. Will review a few subjects which hopefully will help those next year.
Well done! Even people I know who recieved HDs in all other subjects got a mid credit in ACCG340 so you should be proud.

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah commenced 2016 - so the new system differentiates between Distinctions and High Distinctions, is that right? If so, I'm happy to be on the old system, I'm 21 units in with one Credit and a 50/50 mix of Ds & HDs #humblebrag :haha:
Dude that's solid!

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah to maintain the at least 6.5 you gotta get mostly HD's but you can get a credit without ur GPA being irrevocably lowered compared to if you got a credit on the 4 point system

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah to maintain the at least 6.5 you gotta get mostly HD's but you can get a credit without ur GPA being irrevocably lowered compared to if you got a credit on the 4 point system
Pros and cons of both systems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)