Series and Sequences, Applications crash course? (1 Viewer)

User5555555

HSC
Okay basically I have an exam soon and I've been too busy/not allocated enough time to study maths for my other subjects. It would be appreciated if someone could give me a basic outline, highlights and important parts for series and sequences with examples?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What aspects of series and sequences will be tested? Does it include the financial stuff? (If so, I can't really help you..but if its basics, etc., I can probably give you better advice)

User5555555

HSC
I have the presumption it is the entire topic as we revised Loan repayments, superannuation and compound interest. Any help is appreciated.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Know all your basic formulas and how to apply them, i.e. Tn, Sn for AP and GP; limiting sums for GP and the conditions for it, etc. Try going through your notes or your textbook and make a brief summary on all the required formulas. Try word problems that apply AP and GP in it so you get practise with word to math translations.

User5555555

HSC
For the applications of series such as loan repayments and compound interest, are they most likely geometric series? and should there be any formulas that need to be derived or used from previous topics to do those questions?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
They are such yucky questions and do my head in so much arghh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)