Serious advise! (1 Viewer)

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
Firstly, please excuse errors as im writing this off my phone.

So my problem is my physics teacher chooses favourites really dislikes me because i have a private tutor with whome i do my course with. Now im the 2nd ranked student in the class ( what i should be ) however he really likes this asian student whp cant put one complete english sentence together ! Amd miraculously this student gets 87% in half report and 2nd place ranking i recieved 82%. I watch this student doing exams he literallu has HIS BOOK OUT while were doing it ! Teacher says nothing WHATS that!! My problem isnt that because i know im going to beat this kid come my hsc mark i mean i walk up to him and ask him simple damn questions and he doesnt know such as .. Whays newtons laws .. Whats the photoelectric effect lenzs law he knows nothing!!! Now what i need to know is should i complain which will be a waste of time or just go on silent because i dont know if his ranking will really have a
Major effect on my hsc mark!

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the replies but its not really answering my question .. You think our half yearlys werent supervised the teacher allowed him to do the whole exam again in the classroom because he wasnt " feeling well " i even heard their discussion infront of me

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Complain to Head
Complain to Principal
Complain to BOS

In that order

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It sounds like you could definitely make a case for that fact that it's cheating. You could lodge a complaint with either the head of the Faculty, or the Deputy-Principal. If it warrants as serious enough, it will be dealt with accordingly.

As for your mark, if it seems likely that they will do poorly in the external exam (and if you top it), then you mark will come from the person who comes second. As to how badly it affects you will depend on the person (probably the person who's coming third now).

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
this is what happens when u go to a public school. Private schools FTW

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
It sounds like you could definitely make a case for that fact that it's cheating. You could lodge a complaint with either the head of the Faculty, or the Deputy-Principal. If it warrants as serious enough, it will be dealt with accordingly.

As for your mark, if it seems likely that they will do poorly in the external exam (and if you top it), then you mark will come from the person who comes second. As to how badly it affects you will depend on the person (probably the person who's coming third now).
Im currently the third ranked. So if i beat him in hsc lets say his "bad" mark will not affect my "good mark" ?

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
And the rest in my class are failing miserably .. Like i said theres one really top student and me who are getting pure good marks rest are failing ..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Im currently the third ranked. So if i beat him in hsc lets say his "bad" mark will not affect my "good mark" ?
Not directly. (Depending on the exact rankings) if he is ranked higher than you internal, your high mark will help him. And consequentially, you'll get someone else's mark, so it depends on how well they do.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
And the rest in my class are failing miserably .. Like i said theres one really top student and me who are getting pure good marks rest are failing ..
If you get ranked third, and there's only two good students, then yes, you mark will be adversely affected.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It depends on the actual ranks and how everyone else does. Chances are, if he's in the 50's and you're 80's you won't get his mark. You'll get someone else's, so it will depend how they do.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep, complain because there's obviously misconduct here and it could affect you.

Go to head teacher
then principal
And if that fails,
BOS

If you don't complain, you will always wonder if your HSC mark/ATAr could have been better...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't come first/second you're fucked.

To quote myself:
Go to the Science coordinator and tell them...
If they do nothing, go to the teacher in charge of curriculum.
If they do nothing go to the Deputy Principal.
If they do nothing go to the Principal.
[If they do nothing go to the Board of Studies]
If they do nothing go to Today Tonight.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha agreed !
I kind of agree because they don't let people that will get lower than a band 5 do chem and MX1+2 at my school, but I kind of don't because the physics class at my school is also phucked.
But at least the marking is phair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)