Official

Bring it on
HSC
How many marks was the 1W comparing red and blue light q worth

was it worth 2 or 3 marks

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
Would it matter if i didnt say that the blue light had higher frequency but stated that all the other related shit.

jamesfirst

HSC
I didnt know what to do with the values so I just talked in general about blue having a lower frequency than the red one. lol

_deloso

HSC
I didnt know what to do with the values so I just talked in general about blue having a lower frequency than the red one. lol
blue has a higher frequency compared to the red light... blue is after ultraviolet and red is after blue.. ultraviolet has smaller wavelength which means higher frequency therefore blue has a smaller wavelength compared to red. therefore higher frequency.

damo_g

HSC
blue has a higher frequency compared to the red light... blue is after ultraviolet and red is after blue.. ultraviolet has smaller wavelength which means higher frequency therefore blue has a smaller wavelength compared to red. therefore higher frequency.
I couldn't remember whether blue light had higher frequency or not. I was trying to remember a graph type picture of the electromagnetic spectrum and just went with blue having a higher frequency, got a bit lucky on that one.

Wentworth

HSC
is it necessary to say that the blue beam would have less photons passing an imaginary cross section per second compared to the red beam, since they're both 1W? not that it matters, HSC's over boys! :) :)

o_0

HSC
is it necessary to say that the blue beam would have less photons passing an imaginary cross section per second compared to the red beam, since they're both 1W? not that it matters, HSC's over boys! :) :)

uhh Yep! 1 mark for stating that blue has higher frequency, thus energy.
1 mark for stating that the red light had higher intensity, hence photocurrent

K

khorne

uhh Yep! 1 mark for stating that blue has higher frequency, thus energy.
1 mark for stating that the red light had higher intensity, hence photocurrent
this. You needed to mention intensity

fxjkhr

HSC
Well from my memory, the question asked for a reference to the particle nature of light, in which case you would mention that the higher frequency of red light would result in greater likelihood of electrons being displaced via the photoelectric effect.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
Well from my memory, the question asked for a reference to the particle nature of light, in which case you would mention that the higher frequency of red light would result in greater likelihood of electrons being displaced via the photoelectric effect.
red light has lower frequency compared to blue light plus you needed to mention intensity of red light is greater to maintain 1J of energy and thus the 1W of a beam of light.
I didn't mention intensity so I should only get one mark.

Wentworth

HSC
hmm two marker, I knew there was more to it than the obvious frequency difference

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)