Setting New Benchmark for Strategy game Graphics (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
RTS's were good because of their low system requirements. Oh well.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
RTS's were good because of their low system requirements. Oh well.
true i know. i am worried if my PC will handle it.
how ever i read that starategy games still require more CPU use then graphics card

While for most games the video card affects performance much more than the processor, the CPU is by no means useless. Since AOE3 is an RTS game that requires more AI than FPS games, as well as one that utilises physics, a decent CPU would be prerequisite to run this game.

Habib

HSC
ya its true because there is so many things happening at once, theres like 60 million calculations per second in a strategy game....

Collin

HSC
N/A
Go download the actual Official Movies from Gamespot, then you'll see it in action. One thing I was impressed about was that the cannons had the ability to not only instantly eliminate infantry units, but also assert ragdoll physics onto them.

As for AOE3 being CPU intensive, that's arguable. This time the game isn't based on 2D sprites but a proper 3D engine for the vast majority to the game elements. You won't need one of the new generation video cards like the ATi Radeon X800 or the nVidia Geforce 6800 or the even newer (soon to be released in a few days) nVidia Geforce 7800 GTX but I'd certainly recommend atleast a Radeon 9600 or a Geforce FX 5500 (or better). Again, that's my personal estimations, we'll have to see when the min. system specs are released from Microsoft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)