short answer - denominations?? (1 Viewer)

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
how aboriginal spirituality influenced xtiny denominations?
bit stumped at that but went on to discuss smoking ceremony and incence in maronite and anglicans, the dadiree for all xtiny denominations, growth in anglican aboriginal clergy, sacrament dimension of the land with now churches have prayers in the outback dealing with the land.. ummm yea thats pretty much it
what did u guys say?

mylegshurt

HSC
yeah i was a bit stumpted too, wrote about smoking ceremony, then went on about rainbow spirit theology, but dont think thats right

babi_girl

HSC
I stuffed that part up :(

I wrote about how more Aboriginals are becoming christians now so they are losing their spirituality, also mentioned John Flynn!

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
It was the question that I feared most and it was in it >.>. I still don't understand Rainbow Spirit Theology so I didn't put it in. Lucky I dont need it anymore!

I put smoking ceremony, baler and coolamon shells, having mass outside of church eg in the bush with natural environment. Is that right? *shrugs*, very vague!

kenjieh

HSC
i did smoking ceremony, the inclusion of aboriginal expression of faith such as arts and songs during church services and on the church's architecture, the inclusion of aboriginals into clergy, national sorry day due to greater understanding of their spirituality where chrisitian denominations come together .. yea

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Dayze said:
I did Rainbow Spirit Theology, Ordination of Aboriginal Ministers (Gloria Shipp), Use of Aboriginal Music in Mass and Ceremonies...
Exactly, I did Rainbow spirit theology, Abo clergy, artwork in churches, story telling theology...

PublicUser

Banned
HSC
If we all put Rainbow Spirit Theology, it must be right, yeah?

I think I threw in something about the Uniting Church having bark paintings.

Tommy_69

Old Member
HSC
there are informal and formal methods

- studies of religion course in hsc - allow studying of aboriginal spirituality
- sydney 2000 olympics - showcasted aboriginal spirituality in the dances and etc to the rest of the world
- sydney 2000 olympics - set up a tent giving away "More than gold" pamplets on aboriginal spirituality.
- jubilie 2000
- use back paintings in churches, didgeridoos as music, holy bible translated into aboriginal dilects.

- Saibo Mabo - damper and coconut milk instead of bread and wine
- Elsie Heiss - performed Aboriginal dances at Randwick race course infront of the pope
- Matthew Gill - 14 stations of the cross with the turkey as JC
- Gloria Ship - when consecrated Aboriginal women smeared her in oche and she walked down the isle of the church through burning gum leaves.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Tommy_69 said:

- sydney 2000 olympics - showcasted aboriginal spirituality in the dances and etc to the rest of the world
- sydney 2000 olympics - set up a tent giving away "More than gold" pamplets on aboriginal spirituality.
- jubilie 2000
- use back paintings in churches, didgeridoos as music, holy bible translated into aboriginal dilects.

- Elsie Heiss - performed Aboriginal dances at Randwick race course infront of the pope
- Gloria Ship - when consecrated Aboriginal women smeared her in oche and she walked down the isle of the church through burning gum leaves.
ha, if I could think of all them in the exam I'd have been set!

I broke the influence into ritual and beliefs. For ritual I mentioned a couple of token things like 'smoking ceremony' and 'aboriginal artwork in churches' and for beliefs I talked about raised awareness of the importance of land/enviromentalism and had a little pope quote. I got the feeling they wanted us to mention specific denominations, I probably didn't cover this one too well. I'm hoping my pope quote gets me the marks! .... damn! should have written more crap for that one.

myrna

HSC
im with tommy on this one

Tommy_69 said:

- jubilie 2000

we had done this qs to death in class.... and i talked about the whole la parose church and salibo marbo and the olympics and the bible being translated in to aboriginal dialects...

i thought that paper was brilliant... im hoping for full marks... fingers crossed

and how great was te rites of passage... i knew it was going to be that question... it was similar to the one our school set for the trials which i did really well in so hopefully ill b right...

lets not talk about legal

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
i also did the 2000 olympics thing, ordination of aboriginal priests/ministers, aboriginal art incoporating christian beliefs, smoking ceremonies, o and i made a brief mention of rainbow spirit theology and syncretism

Lucie16

HSC
Tommy_69 said:

- jubilie 2000

I thought it was influence on Christian denominations so didnt talk about olympics or school because that is secular.
The denominations thing threw me off, but i just mentioned that the Catholics support the intergration of Aboriginal and Christian beliefs and that the Pentacostalists are against it.

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
hmmm.. i wrote how catholics havent yet had an aboriginal priest, but they do have a Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Catholic Union, i also did Gloria Shipp, and how other demoninations have Aboriginal ministers, that was my "specifics" on the denominations, other than that, i did the normal smoking ceremonies, rainbow spirit theology and such

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
i did gloria shipp, sabo mabo, incorporation of dance art songs etc, rainbow spirit theology, Catholic Church appointing Aboriginal leaders or something, then i talked about how the influence is varied, depending on how many Aboriginals are in the denomination and in some churches there has been little or no influence.

penciltron

HSC
yeah similar to me...i wrote a general thing about how they help[ christians understand the importance of sacredness of the land in relation to god etc. had a quote from someone about that...
then i put like that elsie heiss one...umm a quote from cardinal clancy about the importance of abs...umm and like formal things like national aboriginal and islander catholic council i think it was and similar ones, ab artwork in a church, ummm and a few more organisations...
it didnt seem too hard sounds like most of the ppl who wrote their answers shud do well for sure i think, but i dont know how they mark these things compared to our school.

ruby88

pope john paul

with this question i wrote about how aborigines have been ordained and how they relate their dreaming stories to the creator God. i also reffered to the quote from the late pope when he toured aust. when he was in alice springs he said he was amazeds at how they treat the land and in turn it looks after them...he believes that christians should take on these principles bla bla bla

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)