Should I drop EE1? (1 Viewer)

Grinchey

HSC
I am in my preliminary year of schooling and at the moment I am doing 13 units consisting of the following subjects with rankings from the half-yearlies:

English Extension 1: 6/11
Mathematics: 2/28
Chemistry: 2/13
Biology: 1/22
Geography 2/44
English Advanced: 3/41
Legal Studies: 5/25 (though a 94% assessment mark)

I am seriously considering dropping Extension English 1, as at the moment I have not read a large portion of my texts, and have a 3000 word creative piece task due next week as well as an in-class essay based on the books that I haven't even yet read. Also, because of this I am not particularly enjoying the subject greatly, though it is seems to be ALRIGHT. Besides that, I am also worried that if I drop the 1 unit and have 12 units left to deal with in Year 12 (and end up finding that 12 units is too much), I would be left with 10 units only if I want to drop one of my two unit subjects also. Any opinions on the idea of a safety net?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

astroman

HSC
only keep a safety net if u are sure u can perform excellent in ur other 10 units, if what subject u want to drop is a problem, i suggest dropping what you have least interest in or what you seem is very content heavy. You should keep EX1, it will scale really well if u perform good in it, and you can drop it later on if it gets too much.

5str

HSC
Personally, I am quite certain I will drop EE1 for the HSC. If you are having trouble keeping up with the work currently, it won't magically get better in year 12, if anything it will be worse. It seems you aren't very engaged with the subject either, you should seriously think about if you want to be in the class next year and primarily base your decision on how you feel about the topic.

On the topic of safety nets, they seem like they would be good to have if you can maintain a high quality of work for all 12 units. If not I am not sure it would be worth it.

IcyRain

HSC
Since you seem consistent across your subjects, maybe the safety net won't be worth it. If you feel alright with your other subjects you could consider dropping, however if you don't feel confident you could keep EE1. It's up to you.

enoilgam

HSC
A safety net of extra units is only useful if you are performing well across the board. There is no point keeping a subject if it is by far your worst and unlikely to count towards your ATAR. Hang onto EE1 for now because things restart for the HSC. Also, the subject can act as a safety net for english advanced. If you continue performing poorly in EE1 during the first part of your HSC, then drop it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)