Should i drop food tech or econ?? (1 Viewer)

Minaaa

HSC
i need advice on which subject to drop.
im currently getting good marks on both subjects but i know that econ scales way better...

vinlatte

HSC
Both are heavy content subjects. Decide on which one is more enjoyable and intriguing; this gives you more motivation in doing well in the course regardless of scaling.

quickoats

HSC
Scaling shouldn't be the one factor in your choice. It should be the last thing you consider.

Not to make any assumptions, but if you picked an uncommon subject like food tech, you probably enjoy it. If you enjoy a subject you'll be motivated to study, and even go beyond the syllabus which will be more beneficial to you in the HSC than doing a subject just because it scales better.

Regarding the economics and food tech HSCs, the economics one would be more difficult and would require a lot more study. Just my opinion but the food tech HSC exam looks super fun lol. If you're doing other heavy subjects then food tech would give you a nice break.

But if you really love economics, then you can stick with that also. Remember that you have all of year 12 to make up your mind so don't rush into things.

Minaaa

HSC
Scaling shouldn't be the one factor in your choice. It should be the last thing you consider.

Not to make any assumptions, but if you picked an uncommon subject like food tech, you probably enjoy it. If you enjoy a subject you'll be motivated to study, and even go beyond the syllabus which will be more beneficial to you in the HSC than doing a subject just because it scales better.

Regarding the economics and food tech HSCs, the economics one would be more difficult and would require a lot more study. Just my opinion but the food tech HSC exam looks super fun lol. If you're doing other heavy subjects then food tech would give you a nice break.

But if you really love economics, then you can stick with that also. Remember that you have all of year 12 to make up your mind so don't rush into things.
Thank you for the advice :) It's just that the only reason i picked food tech was because i could either do that or physics/visual arts, which i did not want to do (I could only pick one of those three because my school organises it based on teacher availability and time. super weird ik ahaha)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)