• Drop SDD

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Stay on 12 units

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

Mathsisfun15

HSC
I go to a school usually in the 70's rankwise

I'm rank 1 in software (out of 15-20) narrowly but that's mainly because I get 100% in every single assignment. In the exams I usually get just under 90% but I don't study for software except for night before because its easier than my other subjects.

At the moment
I'm rank 3 physics (out of 70ish)
I'm rank 5 chem (out of 60ish)
I'm rank 10 E1 Maths (out of 62)
I'm rank 13 E2 Maths (out of 30) - our teacher thinks we have a good chance of getting 15 E4's and only silly mistakes have held me back from performing higher
I'm rank about 10 in Advanced English (out of about 90)

So I'm considering dropping to 10 units because:
gives me more time to work on other subjects
gives me more free periods
the major project is a cbs and I don't have any good ideas to do for it
it scales worse than other subjects so with projected results it won't count towards my atar
I don't think I want to do software development after school. We've covered most of the coding in the course already anyway

Why I would i stay:
I do well with little effort
I enjoy it (albeit I enjoy all subjects bar English)
If i come up with a good idea for major project, the coding part of it will be fun
My teacher would really, really not want me to
Insurance policy

But not sure whether I should, what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

StudyToDeath

HSC
Keep it, you've already learnt half the content. It will be a waste to drop it.

b0b101

Pharaoh
HSC
Drop Chem, SDD is a beautiful subject that has a larger application than most other subjects (that I am aware of). I'm currently working on my major work and coming up for solutions to the problems you face is annoying yet enjoyable. Statistically Chem has more students enrolled therefore the disparities between your cohort are more likely to be amplified compared to SDD. (Ie you may be 5th in the grade of 30 but 150th in the state for chem while software you would be 1st in the grade but 11th in the state).

Mathsisfun15

HSC
Drop Chem, SDD is a beautiful subject that has a larger application than most other subjects (that I am aware of). I'm currently working on my major work and coming up for solutions to the problems you face is annoying yet enjoyable. Statistically Chem has more students enrolled therefore the disparities between your cohort are more likely to be amplified compared to SDD. (Ie you may be 5th in the grade of 30 but 150th in the state for chem while software you would be 1st in the grade but 11th in the state).
No way I'm dropping chem
I'll probably stay on 12 units
The Chem cohort is better than the SDD cohort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)