Should I drop this subject for year 12 (1 Viewer)

Should i drop it

• Total voters

Dabeast

HSC
Hey guys.

So currently I am moving into year 12 and I do the following subjects: Ext maths, Adv english, physics, chem, business studies and SOR 1. Moving into year 12, I started to wonder whether or not I really needed SOR 1. At my school, SOR is not compulsory (public school) and so I have the choice to drop it. By doing so, I am freeing up a lot of study time for myself, and I am able to get more study periods in order to study for my other more difficult subjects. The only thing that concerns me is that a lot of people say not to drop it and this sort of holds me back from dropping the subject. It would be amazing if someone could help me with this issue by letting me know if I should/ should not drop it, and if so why I should/shouldn't.

Thanks a lot for you help in advance. :biggrin:

ConquerHSC

HSC
N/A
If you are confident that you are able to perform well in the remaining subject units (after dropping SOR), then yep drop it. There is no pointing holding onto a subject that you do not enjoy. This will just affect you psychologically during your studies.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Drop it, and pick up Mathematics EX2.
Do this, if you can handle MX2. Whilst religion may be important and/or interesting to many people, you don't have to pursue it as an HSC subject.

cherryboi

HSC
I dropped SOR1 at the start of the year, and i kinda regret it. Cause one slip up in an exam could bring your rankings down making it difficult to come back up. My point is that SOR1 is a really easy subject, you dont have to study for it that much. So my advice is not to drop it and keep it until the last time you can drop it. You dont even need to have a very high ranking just be like top 7 depending on your cohort size and school ranking. And then study hard for it in the HSC and smash the HSC exam.

Keep it, see how you go. Drop it in the time just before the deadline is to drop the subject.

Dabeast

HSC
Thanks for the reply man. IDK about ext 2 because I scored 70% in my extension 1 prelims (highest was 74%) and I don't think I am at a level where I could keep up with all the workload. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dabeast

HSC
I don't really enjoy it that much and i'm only doing it because of ext 1 maths. I am coming first in it, but I believe its a complete fluke. Thanks a lot of the reply tho.

Dabeast

HSC
Truuuueee. I didn't think about it like that lol. Cheers man

Dabeast

HSC
Yeah I agree. I'm not sure whether I can handle MX2 but doing SOR 1, personally isn't the most interesting thing to me and 99% of our lessons are bludge lessons which I think I can use more efficiently to study for other subjects. Thanks for the reply man.

Dabeast

HSC
Alright man, I'll give it a go. If the its completely boring to me, I might end up dropping it. But yea, thanks for the reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)