should i sex it up??? (1 Viewer)

the new guy

HSC
i am currently trying to undertake "an independent investigation into an aspect of language," an i was wondering if anyone knows how i should present it. eg should i sex it up with personal flair or do markers prefer dry straight up facts?
by the way has anyone ever done well with this choice???

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
i had a similar choice for my topic - i did shakespeares women in tragedies - a topic which there was alot of inforamtion on before hand. There are hundreds of theories which i could have easily of warmed over, added a couple of quotes and written a decient essay...

i decided instead to put my own spin on it, portray them in a different light and really make the examiner think. When you look at the actual purpose of an essay it is to argue a point - correct? Thus if you do sex up your essay a bit, make it a bit more interesting ofr the marker you have a better chance of convincing them on your ideas.

i would say go with your own personal flair - it will make your essay stand out from others.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
It depends on how you do it. Remember, it is after all a critical response with regards to the elective, and whilst they will give you some personal and creative lee-way it must not detract from the essay. If its meant to be smutty or funny, make sure it is and not merely pretentious and irrelevant. The last thing you want to deliver is a pubescant take on an out-of-control-teenage-obsession-masking the consumerist-and-capitalist-ideals of our times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)