Should paper 2 be 3 hours? (1 Viewer)

Should paper 2 go for 3 hours?

• Total voters

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
The 2 hour time limit is tough. It makes us write dodgy, rushed essays.

3 hour exam= problem solved

1 hour per essay= definitive

yes or no? thoughts?

HSC
N/A
15 more minutes would probably be good enough=5 mins more for each essay, so you can plan, daydream etc

..:''ooo

HSC
no i agree with 5 min extra per essay or even 10 min
2 hrs is way too short

achenar

Three hours would be way too long. The point of the exam IS to push you to do the best you can under constrained times.

Maybe an extra fifteen minutes, though - I know my third essay (Speeches) was pretty rushed, and my third text was barely covered.

But definitely not three hours.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
in queensland i heard they get 3 hours to write 1000 words.

it shouldn't be given too much of a time contraint.. but if that's what they're testing.. 2 hours is fine..

time to study maths -_-"

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Two hours is long enough. Four hours for a 2u subject is already a bit too long :p

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Two hours is what makes the paper challenging. I don't like it like that, but I think it's fairer than three hours.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
There are worse exams. For example, modern history. 6 essays in 3 hrs argh that's a joke!!

consty_87

HSC
I agree with the three hours - I'm a slow writer, but I can write good essays if given a bit more time. Unfortunately you can't get special provisions for writing slow, especially if you're topping the form.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
No way! 3hrs means we have to write MORE per question! >_> and.. that's 5 hrs total for 2u english- 2 hrs more than any other 2u subject I can think of.

Captain pi

HSC
Philosophy is four essays in two hours and the questions in that are pretty challenging in that: (1) there are no standards packages or answers and (2) there is little opportunity to practise.

Considering the verisimilitude of the questions each year of the HSC :)p), I think that two hours is fine.

There would be those who would be cramming to do the full three-hours writing furiously.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
Now that its over, and we have all done it in 2 hours, why change it now? We suffered. They suffer. Its a cycle.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
YES it WOULD! because putting a time limit doesn't show you who the smart kids are all the time, it shows you who can write the most amount of stuff in the shortest amount of time...giving us more time would mean we could write more and get better marks instead of aiming to write faster and faster rather than get more and more down. the objective is defeated.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
It annoys me how both papers are the same lengths...but the Board makes paper 2 have three times more marks :(

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Sure its tough to do it in 2 hours, but that part of the paper, 40 minutes per essay, less is expected when time is such a constraint. Not to mention I don't feel like going on about the same things for another hour, its hard to say how much quality would increase even though length certainly would.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)