sigur ros anyone? (1 Viewer)

jomingara

hey

is anyone in here a fan of sigur ros? i still don't know anyone my age who is a fan. let me know if you are. i'd love to know of any fans.

Josh

GJ_JOE

blood brother
not me, but i've seen that video clip with the people with down syndrome (?not sure)...so sad.. :(

SkAnDi

HSC
I reckon try some Godspeed! You black Emperor, or for some more aussie stuff Sugar Ray.

Well for the ambient rocky type of atmosphere.

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Wouldn't call myself a fan since I haven't heard their full album. I've only heard a couple of songs.
Beauties, aren't they.

rmcphedr

HSC
hmmm

not so much a fan of them - they can be likened to an indie/post rock enya. BUT, i have actually seen them live, w/ beta band in 2000, and they were far better live than on rekkid. however, gybe! are def. the collective to listen to if you like this sorta music; them and mogwai.

jomingara

the video clip with all the down sydndrome people is by sigur ros. i don't see what is so sad about it. the band use this acting group with all these people with disabilities in it to give less fortunate people a chance of stardom in a video.

flosh's gurl

i love sigur ros. its the music that makes me sleep at night. so mellow and not at the same time???? i know that makes no sense but i just cant explain it. beautiful.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Sigur Ros play the most beautiful music i've ever heard!!! I didn't think they had much a fan base in Oz but i am surely one ( a fan that is)!!!!!

I swear track 8 off the ( ) album is the best song i have ever heard in my life. . . equal to Bjork's 'hyperballad' and Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android'!!!

Sigur Ros
:D

jomingara

Originally posted by zannaz
Sigur Ros play the most beautiful music i've ever heard!!! I didn't think they had much a fan base in Oz but i am surely one ( a fan that is)!!!!!

I swear track 8 off the ( ) album is the best song i have ever heard in my life. . . equal to Bjork's 'hyperballad' and Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android'!!!

Sigur Ros
:D
too right! they will be touring here after their tour of europe and japan. you gonna go? i won't miss it for anything.

many people have said track 8 is such a great song but i'm still gettting used to the 2nd half of (). it's different to every other song of theirs i've heard. and i totally agree that hyperballad by bjork is a super song, just love it.

it's great to hear that there are fans here

Josh

rmcphedr

HSC
i actually prefer track three over track eight on new album. still think their all-time best is 'staralfur', though.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
too right! they will be touring here after their tour of europe and japan. you gonna go? i won't miss it for anything.

for sure!!! if they are i definitely going!!!

jomingara

yeah! good on ya. they were gonna come down under after the euro tour. but instead they're goin to america again which they just completed a tour of of last month. that pisses me off so much. bands can never stay away from america. hope they come sooner rather than later coz i've got the HSC this year. bloody hell.

Josh

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Originally posted by jomingara
yeah! good on ya. they were gonna come down under after the euro tour. but instead they're goin to america again which they just completed a tour of of last month. that pisses me off so much. bands can never stay away from america. hope they come sooner rather than later coz i've got the HSC this year. bloody hell.

Josh
I know. . . i missed out on Livid festival this year because of the HSC. . .hope it works out for u never it could be during the weekend or school holidays:)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
:) :) sigur rossssssss!!! :) :)

they are really, really good. i only found out about them a couple of months ago, but their music is really beautiful and moving. if they tour here, i'm definitely going.

HSC
HOLLY SHIT!

There's a Sigur Ros thread and I didn't know about it?!

I didn't think there were any Sigur Ros fans here....

I've got all three albums, Von, Agaetis Byrjun and ( ). My favourite album being Agaetis Byrjun and my favourite track being track 8 (a.k.a the pop song), my second favourite is Vidrar Loftrasa (sp?).

and I agree with who ever said its on par with paranoid android, that song is epic in every sense of the word.

Anyone seen the Vidrar Loftrasa video clip? I think that was alot better than the Sven-G-Englar clip.

I'm also glad to know theres fans of Godspeed and Mogwai here too! You should also try out Tortoise, which are also 'post rock'.

I really hope that Sigur Ros come down here and play some gigs.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
haha yeah i didnt think anyone else would be in to them! track 8 off ( ) is one of their best i reckon..........i just recently picked up a single of theirs, and two of the tracks off it were recorded live at the icelandic opera house- fucking awesome

as you can see from my sig, GY!BE are amazing as well, i've got all their albums now........tortoise i think i have three of their albums, out of the ones i have i think tnt is the best

and for mogwai my favourite album of theirs is either CODY or young team

anyone thats interested, also look for cd's by some bands like the album leaf, do make say think and rachels

HSC
Originally posted by um..
haha yeah i didnt think anyone else would be in to them! track 8 off ( ) is one of their best i reckon..........i just recently picked up a single of theirs, and two of the tracks off it were recorded live at the icelandic opera house- fucking awesome

as you can see from my sig, GY!BE are amazing as well, i've got all their albums now........tortoise i think i have three of their albums, out of the ones i have i think tnt is the best

and for mogwai my favourite album of theirs is either CODY or young team

anyone thats interested, also look for cd's by some bands like the album leaf, do make say think and rachels
Nice Sig! :)

Just wondering if you prefer "Lift yr...." or "Yanqui". I reckon they're about the same for me, except I miss those spoken word bits that were in "Lift...", my favourite Godspeed track is probably "Sleep"

I've only got Mogwai's Young Team so far, and I only just got "Standards" by Tortoise the other day, I might check out "Tnt" later...

Great to know there's people out there with similar tastes...

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
musically i like yanqui more, but as a whole package you cant go past skinny fists, with all the spoken words and field recordings.........favourite GYBE track is monheim, the movement on the second disc of skinny fists after coney island....."coney island, they call it the playground of the world"

also, blair bainey the third off new zero kanada and is a sick cunt too....

HSC
Originally posted by Almighty Jafar
who?
Sigur Ros are a Post-/Orchestral/Space Rock band from Iceland. They sing in a made up language called "Hopelandish" based on Icelandish. They create beautiful soundscapes with explosive climaxes.... and are currently quite popular, if still somewhat unknown. They have released three albums Von, Agaetis Byrjun and ( ), the lastest two should be available at your local hmv or sanity...

If you're interested in hearing a sample of their work download is here: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/index.html

Click on "untitled #8", this is probably one of their best songs...

Also download "Staraflur"....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)