Simpsons Tackles Homosexual Marriage (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
'Simpsons' Tackles Homersexual Marriage
(Tuesday, July 27 02:37 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) First, Homer Simpson learned to respect homosexuals after gay antique dealer John (voiced by John Waters) saved him from a herd of angry reindeer in "Homer's Phobia." Then, in "Three Gays of the Condo," Homer moved to Springfield's gay neighborhood, moved in with a pair of flamboyant housemates and even enjoyed a same-sex smooch. Homer's ties to the gay community will get even tighter this coming season.
Over the weekend, fanatics flocked to a panel at San Diego's Comic-Con convention hoping to get information about the upcoming season of "The Simpsons" and got an earful about the latest scandal to hit Springfield.

"We have a show where, to raise money, Springfield legalizes gay marriage," producer Al Jean told clamoring fans. "Homer becomes a minister by going on the Internet and filling out a form. A longtime character comes out of the closet, but I'm not saying who."

Instantly, speculation has centered on the possibility that Waylon Smithers is the most likely candidate for outing, but is Smithers really in the closet? The musical loving, Malibu Stacy collecting, bootlicking Smithers has made his intentions clear to his employer, Montgomery Burns, on numerous occasions.
On the other hand, the show has gone to occasional lengths to obfuscate Smithers' sexual identity. In "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular," Ambassador Henry Mwabwetumba of the Ivory Coast sent in a presumably fake letter asking what the "real deal" with Waylon Smithers was.

After a series of clips of Smithers' homoerotic exchanges with Mr. Burns, noted actor Troy McClure declared, "As you can see, the real deal with Waylon Smithers is that he's Mr. Burns' assistant. He's in his early 40s, is unmarried, and currently resides in Springfield. Thanks for writing."

Will this episode find Lenny and Carl moving from platonic life partners to spouses? Will either Patty or Selma decide that they'll never meet a man who lives up to the standards set by MacGyver? Will Ms. Hoover and Ms. Krabappel find love? Will the Sea Captain return from a long voyage with a new First Mate?

"It's Homer," says Matt Groening. We think he's joking, but you won't know for sure until "The Simpsons" returns for its 16th season this fall.

I hope it is Smithers. Smithers needs love!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I know it could be anyone. But Mr Burns is a shithead and Smithers needs love!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
lol they were talking about this on tripleM the other day... it's probably smithers, but then again it's a little too obvious?

lenny and carl?

barney (and moe?)

mrs krabappel?

principal skinner?

patty/selma?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Flanders! I want Flanders to become unGodly and do it!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Loz#1 said:
Flanders! I want Flanders to become unGodly and do it!
now that would be interesting, but i have a feeling that would be far too controversial

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My god, I think your reading too much into this. They're just guesses.

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
my guesses... Lisa could be a lesbian it'd be funny if she was, um then Millhouse.. Martin perhaps? otherwise yeah the comic store dude is a likely candidate, smithers is already gay we know that perhaps he and burns will marry in the episode?

but yeah its all just guesses. What i'm going to be interested in is how they portray homosexual marriage and the political bs that is happening over there.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
no way itll be snake the criminal for sure... hes been in prison right... hed have a penchant for that sort of thing...

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
it wont be smithers because we know hes gay so it wont really be a cliffhanger. i think itll be a woman since theyve already had male gay episodes.

Dave85

HSC
perhaps its clitious that slacked jaw yokeL?? ...bout time he gets more time on the show!!

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
yeh, I agree with everyone else. Smithers needs love, but is too obvious. Krusty the gay clown has a nice ring to it.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
steph@nie said:
Krusty the gay clown has a nice ring to it.
a jewish AND gay clown? thats abit too much controversy

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
If I can have a gay jewish dentist, then why cant they have a gay jewish clown!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
1) Most likely itt'l be someone random. Remember the "A SIMPSON's CHARACTER WILL DIE" thing, and it was only Maude.

2) There have been hints for a while now that Bart is gay

3) The Simpson's is utter shit now, nothing like it was back in season 6, so im just going to go back to Futurama kthx :p

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
neo_o said:
3) The Simpson's is utter shit now, nothing like it was back in season 6, so im just going to go back to Futurama kthx :p
damn straight

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Loz#1 said:
What hints about bart?
not so much gay, but having a distinct feminine side, like being able to wear heels, and enjoying 'gay' dancing. but there is no way that it will be a kid to come out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)