Skrzynecki analysis!! (1 Viewer)

hschero

HSC
How many quotes/techniques are you all using in your analysis of Skrzynecki's poems? What is the 'safe' amount to integrate into the essay response?

The anxiety is kicking in haha! Any help would be great, thanks. :D

iampeterr

King
HSC
Uni Grad
i use 2 techniques and 2 - 3 quotes per poem. im using Feliks Skryznecki and 10 mary st.

EvansOne

HSC
N/A
I use about 4 techniques per poem, most of which are based within quotes. I'm doing Postcard and Feliks.

Personally, I think 4 is the safe amount. But for Postcard, as an example, I have about 8 or 9 quotes ready to use if they ask us about communities or connection to people/relationships.

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
i use 2 techniques and 2 - 3 quotes per poem. im using Feliks Skryznecki and 10 mary st.
O_O Well, I am using 5-6 quotes for each poem and one technique corresponding to each quote. I suppose it ultimately depends on your style of writing and the way in which you formulate the argument. I use quotes as the basis of the argument whereas you can also use quotes just to back up your content. Either is fine.

hschero

HSC
thank you guys, that really helps!! yeah I suppose it does depend on writing style. I am quite confident with my approach to belonging essays, and very comfortable with the poems I am using (have used these for Half-yearlies, trials):
- St Patrick's College
- 10 Mary Street
- Migrant Hostel

(although relating to the question, I'm only analysing two of these obviously!!)
So I hope it turns out okay! :D

mickk794

HSC
Im using Migrant Hostel and 10 Mary Street and i have about 3-4 examples from each text. I havent even looked at a third poem.

Jessica0311

HSC
Anyone happen to have a copy of migrant?
I'm doing 10 Mary, Feliks and st Patrick's but I just want to read over migrant hostel. :)
Email me a copy pleaseeee???
Or send me a link ... Can't find it online :/

Jessica0311

HSC
Hey, do you have a copy of migrant? Or a link you can help me with to find migrant hostel online.. Can't seem to find it anywhere :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)