SLEEP OR STUDY (1 Viewer)

immboredd

HSC
Hi i was wondering if it is worth sleeping an extra hour or two more or studying anyone have any advice on the benefits of sleeping ?

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
The more you study the better you're gonna do in the HSC assuming you study well. I know someone who skips sleep every 3-4 days and does 6 hours study with like an hour breaks scattered through the night, and that is an extra 6 hours study that other people don't do. Obviously that's a big advantage but it's not easy.

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi i was wondering if it is worth sleeping an extra hour or two more or studying anyone have any advice on the benefits of sleeping ?
Had the same question yesterday whilst cramming for 3u and 4u. Ended up being a stupid decision. I made plenty of careless errors and had no drive whatsoever during the test. Just sleep.

beetree1

HSC
DO NOT STUDY WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!
I wish someone yelled this at me in year 11 LISTEEENNNNNN

For my prelim Task2, my exam schedule was absolutely packed, I had like 2 exams every day, first and then last period. I also had not used my time prior to exam block wisely enough. This made me pull an all nighter one night, before my Economics Exam that was first period, and my Legal Studies Exam last period. Sure, I read through my notes, did a bunch of stuff that you would call 'studying'.

But guess how I went for my Economics Exam?
TERRIBLE.

But what about my Legal Exam?
EVEN WORSE.

I was so damn tired that all the information I had retained overnight went straight out of my brain and I went to the exam as if I hadn't studied at all.

So I learnt from this, and slept for an average of 7 hours every night before my exams for Task 3, regardless of how much I had studied, or needed to study.
I actually came top 10 for most of these exams for this task.

My point is, don't fcken study when you're meant to sleep and make sure you get enough so that you will be able to glue your eyes for an hour to a page whilst using yo brain.

You can thank me later, or I'll say I FOKCIN TOLD U SO U BLOODY STCHEWPID

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
sleeeeeeepppppppp>>>>>over study
BECAUSE:
1. YOUR WELLBEING IS IMPORTANT AND YOU NEED ENERGY
2. THERE IS NO POINT MEMORISING WHEN YOU'RE BRAIN IS EXHAUSTED IT'S A WASTE OF TIMEEEE
(sorry for caps, just had to emphasise it)

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
I'm just ridiculing here, of course, I 100% agree with Betrees say on this. But why are people viewing this, back to sleep guys!

B1andB2

oui oui baguette
HSC
N/A
Coffee - Let me introduce myself. Like temporary fuel for someone who feels like a dead zombie dragged down the highway.

Well, I gave you my chemistry notes. If you think Coffee is unhealthy, please try grape vape.
yoooo do you write in code or something?

HSC
Sleep - not worth losing an extra hour or two of sleep just to study while tired and not remember anything.

Also youre in year 11 so dont push yourself too hard already, even in year 12 you should prioritise sleep over anything because your wellbeing is much more important than an extra bit of study

immboredd

HSC
DO NOT STUDY WHEN YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!
I wish someone yelled this at me in year 11 LISTEEENNNNNN

For my prelim Task2, my exam schedule was absolutely packed, I had like 2 exams every day, first and then last period. I also had not used my time prior to exam block wisely enough. This made me pull an all nighter one night, before my Economics Exam that was first period, and my Legal Studies Exam last period. Sure, I read through my notes, did a bunch of stuff that you would call 'studying'.

But guess how I went for my Economics Exam?
TERRIBLE.

But what about my Legal Exam?
EVEN WORSE.

I was so damn tired that all the information I had retained overnight went straight out of my brain and I went to the exam as if I hadn't studied at all.

So I learnt from this, and slept for an average of 7 hours every night before my exams for Task 3, regardless of how much I had studied, or needed to study.
I actually came top 10 for most of these exams for this task.

My point is, don't fcken study when you're meant to sleep and make sure you get enough so that you will be able to glue your eyes for an hour to a page whilst using yo brain.

You can thank me later, or I'll say I FOKCIN TOLD U SO U BLOODY STCHEWPID
Lmao thanks for the advice, I also previously studied for a chemistry exam all night and i became so sleep deprived that in the exam and I couldn't remember anything i learnt :( WILL NEVER be doing that again

immboredd

HSC
Coffee - Let me introduce myself. Like temporary fuel for someone who feels like a dead zombie dragged down the highway.

Well, I gave you my chemistry notes. If you think Coffee is unhealthy, please try grape vape.
i have not tried coffee yet , i'll probably need it soon though

Constantine

HSC
Unpopular opinion but I believe it depends on the individual.

I have always been able to function properly on 4-5 hours on sleep. I also prefer to study at night so my 'golden hours' are 9pm–2am. During this time frame, I can study at maximum efficiency without any breaks and it worked really well for me during the HSC. On the other hand, I had friends going to bed at 9pm no matter what and they also did very well.

Maybe you can try both and see which works the best for you.

Zyphronic

HSC
Sleep. I've been sleeping before 12 most school days (excluding holidays) and I'm feeling energetic at school whilst everyone is like a pack of dead zombies.

What I do to stay up on top of all my work and have a mostly healthy sleep schedule:
1. Establish what I have to do that particular day (Do this before you come home from school)
Make sure its a realistic amount (I usually write the approximate time a task will take)
2. Grind and finish it all with some free time in the evening before you sleep (Delayed satisfaction)

It'll improve your mood.

Note: Make sure you take small breaks between study sessions!

ultra908

HSC
Sleep. I've been sleeping before 12 most school days (excluding holidays) and I'm feeling energetic at school whilst everyone is like a pack of dead zombies.

What I do to stay up on top of all my work and have a mostly healthy sleep schedule:
1. Establish what I have to do that particular day (Do this before you come home from school)
Make sure its a realistic amount (I usually write the approximate time a task will take)
2. Grind and finish it all with some free time in the evening before you sleep (Delayed satisfaction)

It'll improve your mood.

Note: Make sure you take small breaks between study sessions!
planning exactly what your going to do on the day is rlly good cos u can focus entirely on what ur meant to be doing instead of worrying about other tasks that might be stressing u out.
This is even better when make a plan for the next day the evening before so you can go to bed knowing ur ready for tomorrow and not having to lose sleep worrying about things you have to remember or do.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
More study does not necessarily guarantee better results. You need to find a study approach that gives you the best results with the least amount of time invested. It’s a matter of quality over quantity.

skiddys

HSC
SLEEP!

If you're forcing yourself to stay away, then you're not productively taking in any information anyways. On top of that, if the exam is the next day then you're going to be legit brain dead in the exam. Simple things that you probably would've remembered the before might slip your brain. Another thing besides the syllabus content, you will lose your ability to eloquently and succinctly write your responses too and that probably has an even bigger impact on screwing up your marks (esp. for English). The only time I say it's ok to sacrifice sleep to study/work is assignments because you can freely zone out the next day.

Unpopular opinion but I believe it depends on the individual.

I have always been able to function properly on 4-5 hours on sleep. I also prefer to study at night so my 'golden hours' are 9pm–2am. During this time frame, I can study at maximum efficiency without any breaks and it worked really well for me during the HSC. On the other hand, I had friends going to bed at 9pm no matter what and they also did very well.

Maybe you can try both and see which works the best for you.
I agree to a certain extent, but also IMO people who are "night studiers", (from personal experience at least) that's placebo. I would procrastinate the entire afternoon away and get really down to business after dinner, but that was mainly because of this increased pressure that I was like "Oh crap, the day has just slipped by I better do something." That meant that it wasn't necessarily that I couldn't study in the arvo, it was just that I didn't feel the pressure until it was almost bedtime and then my efficiency levels would go up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)