Slow writers (1 Viewer)

Karlee

I'm such a slow writer, and it really hinders me in essay writing. In 40 minutes, I can only produce about 2 pages if I'm lucky.
I heard you can get a scribe if you're a slow writer. How would you go about getting one, and what criteria would you have to meet?
Also, does anyone have any tips for writing faster? Like do smaller letters help... etc?

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Im in the same position as you...
Im a heaps slow writer cos I like my things neat and tidy :p...
So yeh... Im also interested :)

By the way, I've neva heard of a scribe being used for a HSC exam!
And if it was possible, Im sure it would be for people with certain disabilities?

xxx

Well guys i'm a slow writer as well
i guess it's bcoz i never pracitised writing essays
Does anyone know of pens which help the speed

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
For me... I write faster when Im holding a fat pen in my hand...
Holding thin pens is really uncomfortable for me...

Yami

I agree with Dash, fat pens help for some reason. Also, I've found wiritng in medium sized letters helps me somewhat. And don't worry too much about the neatness of your writing, but make sure it can be read.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
some people believe that the inky expensive pens make you write quicker..i dunno about that tho, coz im a lefty and when i use them they smudge as my hand goes over them, so ive become a whiz with the el cheapo Bic Crystal M pens.
i think stuff you can do is set a timer and write flat out for 40 minutes on ANYTHING, even if its just 'this is crap' over and over, and eventually you will be able to write heaps in that time.

Yami

Originally posted by hipsta_jess
some people believe that the inky expensive pens make you write quicker..i dunno about that tho, coz im a lefty...
Finally! Another left hander! Yeah an I agree with your thing about expensive ink pens. They mess up my writing, as I found out the hard way in my half year exams. I tend to use the Pilot Retractable pens now, they make me write super fast for some reason, even though they're very thin.

Winston

HSC
i think felt-tip pens make a right hander increase a little, because it glides on the paper, then you got yourself a new writing style, doctors writing :D

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
yeah felt tips are good for speed writing.. depends what paper ur writing on though...i thought doctors use biros.. like the heavy ones or the one that the drug companies give to themm ..theyre really good quality :)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
What I don't get about scribes is that they just ask any old person to do it...what if the scribe you got was heaps shit? ???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
What I don't get about scribes is that they just ask any old person to do it...what if the scribe you got was heaps shit? ???
then you're stuffed

they may be a slow writer as well, and they are always younge than you so they probably won't understand how important it is to write fast, plus, it's not their exam so they won't be bothered to write as fast as they can

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
they do't give you a laptop in the HSC, its a word processor with the memory cleared.

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
hey guys,
i WAS a slow writer in my first few years. What i would like to know, are you slow writers because you don't know what to say in the exams or are you slow writers because .........you just are?

For both scenarios, practice, ALOT!! you seriously get faster. Be careful with spelling and grammar and shit like that, but seriously, practice makes perfect.
I know you're probably rolling your eyes, and i know practicing essays seems like a shit technique, but it works.
Set yourself 40 mins say, write an essay on a set question, and see how you go(marking it strictly). Do it a few times round, probably with a half an hour or hour break in between, and go again!!
This way, you're recalling what you've studied AND practicing your writing speed!!

Let me know what you think

Josh

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah being a slow writer is a pretty piss poor excuse for special provisions. We would all like to be able tro write faster, and we practice. Its the only way to improve. And there isn't enough time to worry about handwriting in the HSC. Unless is to so horrendous that it genuinely can't be deciphered by anyone (in whic case how did you pass primary school?), you should just get on with it. Remember, teachers are marking the papers, and they've seen it all before. They are accustomed to sloppy handwriting.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i thought scribes were only for people with like, broken fingers or hands or whatever..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)