SMH Article: Tears at maths paper from hell (1 Viewer)

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Beaky
"I Bombed it" from a James Ruse student means he didnt get 100%... more like he lost 2 marks
I KNOW!~

I SWEAR, those smartasses think 95% is bad, where as in my standards it is EXCELLENT even a 90% is VERY GOOD, and for them is "ok" *gahhh* think comparing your or my marks to them oh shit

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by chris42
"Answer to question 10, part (iii): $2324.47 And part (iv): $499"

Whats with this ? Whose going to pay 2 thousand dollars for a maths exam answer :p
lol especially after the exam is over!!!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i do general and so far i havent talked to a single person that actually liked the paper.
it was one of those ones that little insignificant things were made into big markers and you had to know them to answer the rest..so i think i will (hopefully) get a lot of error carrieds..

chris42

HSC
Did anyone see some other newspapers such as the Daily Telegraph, they got a big article about the exam ?

xGSiR

The 2unit exam is over now, why is everyone still crying over it for? Its over and done with, focus on the your other exams.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I don't understand, how come the James Ruse students can do 2U and 4U at the same time?? Unless he's only taking one exam officially, it's impossible to do the two papers together!

Anyway, I got up to question 8 too. With lots and lots of questions unanswered in the middle and end

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Originally posted by sugaryblue
I don't understand, how come the James Ruse students can do 2U and 4U at the same time?? Unless he's only taking one exam officially, it's impossible to do the two papers together!

Anyway, I got up to question 8 too. With lots and lots of questions unanswered in the middle and end
Probably did the 4U in 30minutes then got bored and grabbed a 2U paper from a nearby desk and did it for fun...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Takuya
Probably did the 4U in 30minutes then got bored and grabbed a 2U paper from a nearby desk and did it for fun...
LOL... does anyone have the web address for any more newspaper articles on the maths test from hell lol?

pocydto

"The tougher exams are part of a strengthened HSC, supported by Premier Bob Carr, which is aimed at eradicating easier courses, soft options and lower expectations among students".

Damn you Bob!!!!

:chainsaw:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't think tougher exams are such a bad thing... it's not going to affect your aligned mark because overall people will do worse so BOS will tinker with the marks more.... it separates the good students from the freaky genius students... I'm sure that when we get our aligned marks and stuff they will be fairly similar to our personal realistic expectations of what we feel we are capable of getting in 2u maths.... at least I hope that is the case.

proringz

HSC
That Jason Chung guy ended up coming 3rd in the state

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)