So, Module A? (1 Viewer)

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
Noticing all these topics for Module B. How did everyone find Module A?

I did the King Richard III and Looking for Richard comparative study. It was a straight forward question about the contexts and their relation with the text, which I found quite good. I referred to the textual form reflecting the context (Plays were popular in the Elizabethan time, and Movies have since replaced them), and the use of the opening soliloquy/scene to establish context, and then also the ghost scene (superstitious ghosts cursing richard in the play, a simple nightmare scene in the movie).

Glorious

HSC
I do Donne's poetry and the play W;t. I used Brecht for W;t to highlight context and used the Renaissance era at the time of Donne's life as well as the dominant Elizabethan Weltangschauung, giving us a clear insight about the views held at the time and the influences.

I may have b/s'd a bit for W;t's analysis of context, but oh well.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Straightforward but I would've preferred connections in general/similarities and differences rather than 'distinct' contexts lol

DevilBoy

HSC
I did richard III too, i mainly focused on how certain values have changed over time, which help distinguish the two and also how techniques like dramatic irony arent as recognised by the modern audience compared to the elizabethans..it seemed fine, i hope it was lol.

DVDVDVDV

Premium Member
HSC
I found Frankenstein and Blade Runner really easy, it was great!

ball00n

HSC
I did Donne and W;t as well - it was relatively straight forward for people who studied with the rubric in mind since it was based on context and the majority of my grade found it great but I can only say it was okay. Definitely more dealable than the difficulty of module B ahhh

Starlight39

HSC
Donne and Wit wasn't too bad - kinda just wrote out something similar to what I did for trials, just twisting it so it had an emphasis on context. I have no problems with Module A or C, B on the other hand... -.-

heyfeebs

HSC
Module A Question 2 (b) - BLADESTEIN!!! (Frankenstein and Blade Runner)
the question said something about the comparisons and the distinctive contexts or some shit..
I interpreted it as the comparisons between the two texts reflecting on Shelly and Scott's different contexts.
:/ I'm feeling iffy about it now though..

katoji

HSC
Module A Question 2 (b) - BLADESTEIN!!! (Frankenstein and Blade Runner)
the question said something about the comparisons and the distinctive contexts or some shit..
I interpreted it as the comparisons between the two texts reflecting on Shelly and Scott's different contexts.
:/ I'm feeling iffy about it now though..
That's what I did too.

Jongnie

HSC
I did pride and prejudice, and i'm a guy ... never goes well.. damn chickdickflicks

engie_benji

HSC
My main argument for Frank and blade runner was that "a comparitive study of these texts in light of their differing contexts reveals that both shelly and Scott warn us of the dire consequences of mans desires for omnipotence and intellectual glory, concepts which link these 2 texts similarities throughout time"

yours

HSC
I said their perspectives on what are, essentialy the same values, reflect their distinct contexts

Beachtraveller

HSC
I didnt feel like the question provided for much discussion - at least for Fr/Br anyway

jamesfirst

HSC
My main argument for Frank and blade runner was that "a comparitive study of these texts in light of their differing contexts reveals that both shelly and Scott warn us of the dire consequences of mans desires for omnipotence and intellectual glory, concepts which link these 2 texts similarities throughout time"
I did:

Paragraph 1:

- Human ambition destroys the natural aspect of the world, highlighting the forfeiture of humanity

Paragraph 2:

- Romanticism vs Post-modernism where the creations demonstrate their love of nature while humans don't. The irony lies in the fact that the creations are more human than humans

Paragraph 3:

- Humans cold-heartedly neglect the creations which also shows the forfeiture of humanity

editav

HSC
Uni Grad
weren't we supposed to highlight why they were different?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)