So who's off to CSU this year??? (1 Viewer)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
wahoo

Congrats everyone ... anyways i got in also ... that is into B Education (Primary) I am really looking forward to meeting you all in approxiamately 3 and a half weeks time.

It is all so very exciting when you sit and think about it ... new people to meet and greet ... new environment ... wow.

Even though it doesn't sound as though i will be having as much fun as all you guys ... seeing you are all looking at living on campus and i'm gonna be living at home (have to travel 30 minutes to get the the bathurst campus, but living at home is cheap) ... I can't wait to make some new and exciting friends.

And once again congrats.

rochellez

HSC
Congrats guys! I got an early offer into Bach of Arts in TV production at Wagga campus, I can't wait till it starts :)
Good luck guys with the forms, scholarships, moving and everything, see you there!

Fro

HSC
Tops that you all got in!
Congratulations!
ITs gunna be an awesome year!
Trad. diggings all the way - but it doesnt matter where you live - the unibar doesnt discriminate so ill definately make it my duty to meet yas all!
See you in O-Week!
Fro

bex

HSC
yay!! go you towers people! this will be my 3rd year in towers- its THE ugliest building on campus but the events and stuff... well.. lets just call them character building! i love it so much! looking forward to a great year!

im bec and i do comm radio- 3rd year :)

T

talene

i was offered Social Science (Psychology)/Teaching(Secondary)
but right now i'm stressing about accomodation
i don't know whether to live on campus or off
how much does on campus cost?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Hey living on campus, what sort of things can we/should we bring? I'm getting the train down too.. LOL..

T1ger1i11y

HSC
Basically from what a friend who went there said you bring everything you need when you move down for o-week....like all your clothes, pillow..donna if you want your own, your computer/ laptop.. but the uni has some you can use, just basically all the things you would normally need.. but the rooms sound small so you might need to leave some things at home!!! :p

dougthelegend

HSC
good to see a few other people doing the same course as me...looking forward to moving in, sorting out my paperwork today...as soon as my PIN comes in the mail im filling in the accomodation paperwork...

where is the best place to stay? im tossing up between Towers and Diggings, not sure which way i'll go though...any suggestions?

bex

HSC
hey doug i live in towers and posted the pros and cons up in the accomodation thread so check that out if you like.. if you want to know more bout digginsg, ask fro as he lives there now..

as for wht to bring... sheets, a doona and a pillow are provided for you. if youre living in towers you wont ned a desk lamp as its built in. essentials- another pillow and your own sheets and doona/doona cover if you want them, stuff to decorate your room- theyre all bare and plain. ok so you can bring tv's, dvd player laptops computers etc etc you need a POWERBOARD!!!!! umm any other appliance you might need for cooking and day to day living... a can opener, hairdryer, towels, stereo, pots, pans etc etc OH! A FAN!!!!

if youre catching the train you might have to do 2 trips just briung the essentials for oweek.. you should be getting a thing mailed to you about the events for oweek so that will help you work out what clothjes you need

\any questions!?

T1ger1i11y

HSC
Hey what are the odds like that the people that apply for accomodation on campus will get in in the next round offers? do lots of people miss out or do the majority get in? :rolleyes:

thebigwillie

congrats on everyone getting in csu!!! i got my first choice which is Bachelor of Education (Technology and Applied Studies) at wagga wagga:) Anyone else doing that?

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
simon_hitchcock said:
yeah i'm off to bathurst this yr, looking forward to it going to be studying bach justice studies (policing) :p
one of my best friends is doing that course.. she's such a cop type! hahaha lots of fun though... all my friends are going to bathurst or orange... and i'm off to armidale! oh well have fun guys!!

as for everyone else - if u want info on wagga in general (not the uni) pm me with any questions coz my sister used to live there, i have lots of friends there etc..

bex

HSC
from what ive heard, if you miss out on accomodation the waiting lists seem to move pretty fast..

dougthelegend

HSC
bex said:
hey doug i live in towers and posted the pros and cons up in the accomodation thread so check that out if you like.. if you want to know more bout digginsg, ask fro as he lives there now..

as for wht to bring... sheets, a doona and a pillow are provided for you. if youre living in towers you wont ned a desk lamp as its built in. essentials- another pillow and your own sheets and doona/doona cover if you want them, stuff to decorate your room- theyre all bare and plain. ok so you can bring tv's, dvd player laptops computers etc etc you need a POWERBOARD!!!!! umm any other appliance you might need for cooking and day to day living... a can opener, hairdryer, towels, stereo, pots, pans etc etc OH! A FAN!!!!

if youre catching the train you might have to do 2 trips just briung the essentials for oweek.. you should be getting a thing mailed to you about the events for oweek so that will help you work out what clothjes you need

\any questions!?

its not too bad for me, my parents live in Bathurst, (i live in Mudgee) so ive shifted all my stuff from Mudgee over here, and now i only have to move from there to campus.

bex

HSC
thats awesome.. i have a few friends from mudgee actually..its really quite close

dougthelegend

HSC
its a good 1 1/2 hours away - and thats averaging 100km/h - there are parts of the road that you cant drive that fast. The drive from Mudgee to Bathurst really takes it out of you. I have to drive there and back on Tuesday to keep moving stuff out...d'oh!

bex

HSC
wow.. i thought it was heaps closer than that..

heres a tip: unless youre a 40weeker dont bring any winter clothes with you!! you should really be able to fit everything in one car load and see if you can buy as much stuff in bathurst as you can.. one other thing though is that bathurst stores sell out really fast with bar fridges and fans (especially) so either get in early or purchase them before you get there!!

i remember i moved back in term 3 via the train.. get a countrylink XPT so that you can check your suitcase in rather than having to haul it through the carriages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)